Custom Search

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Unanswered Prayer and Overwhelmed

For those reading our blog for the first time, I'd like to give a quick recap so you'll understand where we're coming from. Then, we'll get back to all those beautiful pictures of our wonderful son. Jeff and I suffered a miscarriage in March 2005 after hoping for a baby for several months. After a few more months and some IUI's at a local fertility clinic, we again got pregnant and lost that baby as well, very early in the pregnancy. After that, we went to another fertility clinic, found out some answers to questions we had, and decided to pursue adoption without a doubt in our mind. All this to say, for quite a while, I (abbey) felt like God wasn't answering my prayers. I asked, begged, pleaded, cried, and prayed some more for a child that Jeff and I so strongly wanted and desired. I became quite frustrated with God for refusing to answer my prayers! It made me sad, mad, scared, frustrated, and more. None of it made sense to me.
All this to say, the minute I laid eyes on our precious little son, every tear, every cry, every heartache, every loss, every pain, every dollar, every procedure, every doctor's appointment, every frustration, every surgery, every concern, every minute spent waiting for Reed, every plane ride, every inconvenience, every question...all disappeared. God answered our prayers exactly how they needed to be answered. Now, we have a son.
For all those who have prayed for us, thank you. I have never, ever felt the power of prayer more than during this experience. I am overwhelmed by the comments, excitement, mentionings of us on other blogs, and for how blessed we are by all that we have been given and what we have learned. And now, back to our beautiful baby who has already gone to sleep for the night.
Post a Comment