Calming a fussy baby can be a tricky task, especially if the baby is not fussy very often.
1. The otherwise happy baby must be upset or startled by something. Please see illustration.
2. Make sure that baby is sufficiently fussy. Sometimes baby may make sounds that sound like fussy, but are really just him singing to himself. Please see picture for further definition of what constitutes fussy.
3. Swaddle baby close to his mommy.
4. Ta-da! When properly used, this technique should work in less than 5 seconds, depending on the demeanor of the child. As always, please read the fine print. Because I don't know how to make any fine print, I will type in regular print: "Results not typical. Model baby used in the recording of this public service blog."
5. To maintain happy children, first make sure they are beautiful, second give them mommies as good as Abbey and babies as happy at Reed.
Look at the way she looks at him. Isn't it beautiful?