Custom Search

Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome to NashWill: Monday Update



One distinguishing factor between Nash and Reed is that Nash wakes up in a generally happy mood. The same cannot be said of Reed. I know that there are many differences and similarities, but that's one that is funny.



We almost decided not to bring this cute bag that Aunt Ava got for Nash. It has his name on it, as well as, BUGS!



Nash loves the bag and he puts everything in it.



Today we went to breakfast in the hotel and then met our guide Michelle. She took us to Nash's kindergarten (preschool). Nash did not want to be there. He would not interact with the kids. I think he might have been afraid we were going to leave him. He wouldn't even let us get a picture with him and his classmates. Thankfully, they gave us some pics of him with them.



Will was in a good mood except when he was hungry, sleepy, or wet. Who wouldn't be in a good mood when he was any of those things. After the visit to the preschool we went to the household registry to get the last bit of paperwork we needed for our adoption. When we adopted Reed, we didn't have to do this, so I'm still not exactly sure what the purpose was.



After that we went to lunch. We went to KFC (that's Kentucky Fried Chicken)—have I mentioned that I am not a daring eater? It was good and Abbey was feeling much better.

After KFC, we headed to the Hannah's Hope home for a tour. I'm going to leave off here with the update because I've got lots of pictures and want to post them, but I've spent my energy today and I don't really have the words right now that will adequately describe how we feel about these amazing people who have loved our boys during this time.





The birthmom visit was really hard in a completely different way from last time, but I am not going to post any more than that. That time is going to be something private.



Right now, we have two very adorable boys in our hotel rooms snoozing (well, to be honest, Will just woke up for his bottle), but they are adorable none the less. Reed is in Taipei eagerly waiting for us to come and see him. We are very much homesick to see him and unite our beautiful family of 5.



We stand in awe of God's gift on our lives. He is so amazing and has done a good thing for us. This is Michelle our guide. She gets to watch God work through bringing babies to their forever families everyday. Pray for her as she works.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see that the bonding is going well with both boys. Hoping that it just gets better and better with each day! Blessings!
Courtney

Anonymous said...

I have followed your blog since Reed's adoption process...(can't even remember how I came across it.) I have always thought Reed was such a beautiful boy and have enjoyed watching him grow on your blog. Now you have added two more beautiful boys and I am so happy for all of you. Just seeing those beautiful smiles on those boys makes this grandmom's heart so happy. I pray that the adjustment will not be so hard for Reed and also your 2 little ones will adjust to life in America really fast. God Bless you all.

michelle said...

It's been great to see the boys transitioning well. Glad that Abbey is feeling better. When we got our paperwork for our daughter, the household registry was already included. From what I understand, it's to take your child off Taiwan's citizen information. Can't wait to see the interaction between the 3 boys. Thanks for letting me follow along!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

LOVING all the pictures and updates! Getting excited for the WHOLE family in a picture TOGETHER :) I know it is hard being away form Reed. Glad momma is feeling better :) Praying for you all

Blessings
Tami

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Abbey and Jeff,

I am so happy for you! Your boys are simply precious. It's amazing how much Reed and Nash look alike. And little Will's chubby cheeks are so adorable (almost enough to make me get baby fever again ;0) I can't wait to see Reed meet his new brothers and vice versa!

I am in awe of the love and care that your boys received while waiting for you. Lexi was in one of Russia's better baby homes, but it was a vastly different experience. May God bless those wonderful Taiwan caregivers!

Wishing you safe and fun travels!!!