Custom Search

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas at Poppy and Enna's - Take 1



We've been hearing recently that you are not supposed to tell your kids that they are "good boys," but I must say that Reed was near perfect on the 3.5 hour trip to Poppy and Enna's today. He slept almost the whole way, making it the longest nap he has had in well over a month.



Unfortunately, Enna is in Louisiana where my big brother is in the hospital. He has been in the hospital for almost two weeks due to an intestinal issue. He needs your prayers! Hopefully, he will be getting out on Thursday.

Reed enjoyed getting to wear Enna's namebadge.



Mommy and Reed both wore their Christmas clothes today.



Although we miss Enna and my brother Trae, I think that Poppy enjoyed getting some one-on-one time with Bubber.







Reed thought that silly Poppy was REALLY funny!



Since Enna has been out of town in Louisiana for the past week, Poppy worked really hard to get the house ready, gifts wrapped, and food cooked. Tonight we had ribs which were delicious. Poppy also made some ambrosia just for me. It is my favorite and my grandmother Mimi always used to make it for me before she passed away.



Reed got to experience something that he has never experienced tonight. A starched collar. He thought it was grand. It seems that since he has been home, we haven't really ironed very much! Imagine that!



DId I mention that I got an Ipod Nano for Christmas. I have already transfered a lot of music from my CDs to it! I'm so excited!



Reed really loves sitting in Poppy's lap. We have never seen him to so content just sitting in someone's lap. Apparently Poppy is very comfy because Reed fell asleep for no apparent reason!

3 comments:

Jane said...

You'll love your iPod, Jeff! You can thank me later...I got speakers for mine, which is also a great future addition to your iPod.

Anonymous said...

MP3 players are the bomb! I got one too...

Ann said...

It looks like you guys have had an amazing time!!