Custom Search

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tagged (Scroll past this post for your daily fix of Reed photos!)

So, I'm(Abbey) it. My friend Jane tagged me. And, if I knew enough about blogger (which I don't), I'd have a link straight from where I mentioned her name. However, her name is listed under friends link in case you need to verify that I was tagged.

Here are my seven things about me. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be things most don't know or not. Considering I have no idea who reads this blog, I'm going on faith that some of these things aren't known by our readers.

1.When I was younger, I would pretend I was on a cooking show. I'd get out all the bowls, measure things out, and talk to my audience of thin air. I'd like to say I did this for several hours at a time, but someone else would have to verify that.(Don't worry, I saved the lamest thing for the beginning. I didn't want to set your expectations too high as you read on...)

2. Once I got really lost in London. As in, completely lost and I wandered aimlessly for a couple of hours searching for a tube station. Eventually I made it back to our hotel, and strangely, no one even seemed to notice. And, I wasn't really that freaked out about it, which is surprising.

3. Currently I have a job I thought I would have to wait years to do. I write Sunday School curriculum for 3rd and 4th graders as well as for a product called Worship KidStyle. It's a lot more fun than it sounds, and I still can't believe they let me do it and I get paid. However, it is a lot of hard work, so I am glad I get paid. And, I'm a waitress when we can fit it in with Jeff's schedule. (Strangely, another dream job of mine.) I know it doesn't make sense, but I love it. Plus I'm a stay at home mom to the most incredible little boy in the world. I struggle to live in the moment with Reed as well as savor every second as I watch him grow up so fast!

4. I once went two weeks with a broken shoulder (I was told it was a broken shoulder, althought I'm not sure that was the technical term for it). No one believed I was in pain. It happened in kindergarten when Joel Mahaffey pushed me off a tire that was stuck upright in the ground. I still haven't gotten over it.I also sliced my pinky finger open with a pairing knife at Fred's Dollar Store. I remember saying, "Why couldn't this have happened to Ava (my sister)?" And who puts knives at a checkout counter anyway?

5. I'm addicted to reruns that I've seen a thousand times, especially Full House. How could Mary Kate, Ashley Olsen turned out so badly? And I think Reed totally has a crush on her/them. I haven't told him yet that there are two Michelle's.

6. I haven't balanced a checkbook since 1996. (Insert gasp here from people who are very detail orientated and probably my Mom who saves receipts. I don't.)

7. A bird attacked me once in Florida on the beach while I was eating a Subway sandwich. He decided to take a bite at the exact same time as I did! Then, he came back and pooped on my leg. (This one was for you, Jane.)

I can't believe I actually completed this. As far as who I tag, well, if you think it'd be fun to put on your blog, go ahead. Otherwise, I'm not in the mood to place unneccessitated guilt on anyone tonight. Maybe tomorrow I'll change my mind. And, it's almost midnight, so I'm going to bed. This seems to be the only time I can focus on my writing.

Now, you can get back to looking at pictures of my happy baby, soon-to-be one year old!

6 comments:

Tish said...

Abbey...that is one of the funniest things I have read! And I, too, used to work in a restaurant and LOVED it!

Jane said...

Can I say how proud of you I am? No guilt was intended. I just thought we all would like to hear from Abbey, who rarely gets any blog time. ;) I must also confess that I learned a few things...specifically #1 and #4. I'm pretty sure I've heard about #2, and #5 and #6 didn't surprise me so no gasp here in FL!

Maggie said...

Can I just add that when I was taking difficult classes in college and high school, I'd pretend to teach them to 'thin air.' I figured that I needed to understand the concepts if I wanted to 'teach' it to someone else, so it helped me learn what I needed to.

Ooo, I bought the cutest frame ever yesterday from a certain sister in your life!! I'm so glad to know she sells those!

RamblingMother said...

I used to want to be a waitress. I never got experience doing it so I never did it. Cool facts, thanks for sharing. Your job does sound like fun.

Beverly

Robin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for praying for my friend's son, Daniel. He is out of surgery now - check my blog for updates.

www.actionsspeakloudest.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Abbey,
What fun it was to read your responses! You are such a talented person ... and a gifted writer. Also, Abbey, I love hearing you interact with Reed on the blog videos ... your laugh is contagious.... speaking of which, it has been awhile since we've seen a "Reed" video... perhaps, in a few days at his birthday party, do you think?! Take care! Love, Aunt Jean