Custom Search

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Pray for Poppy

Last night, around midnight, I thought I heard the beep my phone makes when it is on "meeting" setting. I dismissed it as hearing things and then I heard it again. I fumbled to the kitchen where I thought my phone was and squinted to see that Trae was calling me. He told me that Poppy had a mild heart attack yesterday. I don't know if anyone else out there in bloggyland lives hundreds of miles from your parents, but this is just not a fun phone call to get. I kind of felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. Thankfully, Enna (my mom) took Poppy (my dad) to the hospital and he was okay. He is still in the hospital and will have a procedure to find the blockage and possibly put in a balloon or stint tomorrow. Hopefully they can do that and he won't have to have another bypass. We are still here in Tennessee worrying and praying for Poppy. We would appreciate your prayers for him as well.

____________

Today, after church, we headed to PF Chang's with our Small Group. It was our farewell meal for Jimmy and Meilyn. I added a link to their site under "Friends".

Reed got to see his favorite Filipino, Mrs. Grace.



Here is a picture of our group, minus a couple of couples who are unable to attend do to pregnancy bedrest.




Here we are with Jimmy and Meilyn.



Reed really enjoys spoon time after he is done eating. He will play with it for several minutes and then throws it on the floor to signify he is ready to move on to something else.



Alas, it was time to unveil the new baby gate at the top of the stairwell in the bonus room. While Reed has been completely uninterested with the stairs near his bedroom, he is enthralled with the stairs in the bonus room.



... and how did he react?



Exactly as expected!

Reed is demonstrating his attempt to fit in with current fashion trends as seen as you tour our local Wally World. He is demonstrating his successful attempt at sagging. I guess he got his daddy's bottom!



Wonder what they are looking at?



Now for a funny story.

As probably expected I have been a little preoccupied today worrying about my Dad. I was on the phone with Uncle Bill telling him about my Dad while going through the drive thru at Wendy's. I pulled to the window, got my drinks and paid for the food. I thanked them and drove off. When I was almost home and still on the phone with Bill, I realized I didn't smell any food. I drove off without getting it. I had to go back to the window where the guy smiled and said, "Decided to come and get your food?"

The answer to the question last night: Reed wore his PJs ALL day yesterday. We never put and "real" clothes on him.

12 comments:

Maggie said...

You know that your dad and y'all will be in my prayers. What a stinky situation, we hope he gets better.

Anonymous said...

HA! Reed and I matched yeaterday then! I didn't wear any actual clothes either. All day I fashioned my Monkey pajama pants and Trevecca t-shirt. I was stylin'

So sorry about your father. My grandfather just had a cardiac catheter and a sextuple heart bypass, so a baloon or stint is no big thing. I will keep him in my prayers.

While I am thinking about it: Philipeno (that's with a "ph". Not that I spell anything correctly or anything, but that is one word I do know how to spell (after I retook that 5th grade spelling test three times. I remember that day vividly...)

Anonymous said...

We live far away from our families too and know exactly what those types of calls are like. It's hard to be away at times like these. We will definitely be praying for your dad -- and for you, Jeff, that you will have peace about not being able to be there.

Kim & Chris

Tish said...

Jeff & Abbey, So sorry to hear about Poppy! I, too, live hundreds of miles away from my family and got the call on New Years Eve day that my mom is the hospital...diagnosis lung cancer. I pray for God's peace for you and healing for Poppy.

Sherry said...

Im so sorry to hear that about your dad. That must have been an extremely scary phone call. Know that he will be in our prayers.

Jane said...

J- Know that I am praying for your dad. I know what it is like to be far from family when you would rather be right there.

Tisra said...

Count me as another person who knows what it's like to have family far away, and to have to discern when to travel to be with them. I'm praying for your dad and the whole family- comfort, health, peace, rest, strength, wisdom.

It is said that a cheerful heart is like good medicine. Get that Reed around his Poppy and I'm sure he'll be on his way to a quick recovery! I'm certain little Reed cheers many a heart.

Tisra
adopting from taiwan, waiting for referral (on the list 8 months!)
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

Elena said...

Back in the day... we called it soccer sag. Hmm... wonder how Reedo would do with a hacky sac??

Praying for you all and your parents. Isn't it strange for your own parents to be going through stuff you thought only happened to OLD people?! Scary. But we know in whom to trust: He's got it all in His hands, and He knows what He's doing. So... no worryin', no frettin'!!!

~Andrea-Elena~

RamblingMother said...

Hope all is well with your dad.

we had a PJ day all day Sat too until about 6pm when Glenys decided we needed to go see her grammie and grandad.

Beverly

theglenns556 said...

In our defense,it was hard to recognize Reed was in PJ's because his PJ's are so cute they look like regular clothes! :-)

Praying for your family...

Rebecca Lily said...

We'll be praying that Poppy is back to normal very soon!

On a lighter note... the Wendy's drive thru story was hilarious.

Hugs to your family!
Rebecca

Maria said...

I'm a little behind in blog reading so I was sorry to read about your dad. How hard it must be to be so far away from him. He and your mom (and you too!) are in our prayers for his speedy recovery.