Custom Search

Monday, January 14, 2008

Playtime with Daddy



Today, I didn't go to work because I had a doctor's appointment right in the middle of the day and since I don't live within 5 minutes of where I work, I decided it would be better just to stay home. I needed the rest anyway with my recent lack of nourishment, I'm not feeling really energetic.



I went to the doctor and she thinks that I have a stomach ulcer. She gave me some Nexium and said it should be cleared up within a few weeks. The nausea should go away sooner. That's great, because I am ready to EAT!

Reed and I played for a while this morning while Mommy did our laundry from last week. It was kind of neat, since I am teaching the same conference this week, she was able to just wash everything and put it back in the suitcase.

You can check out all of Reed's teeth in the picture above. There are six. Number 6 is in the top left, it's kind of hard to see, but believe me as the person who was brushing his teeth tonight, he knows that he has teeth and he is not afraid to use them.



This is an aside, but does anyone out there know how long a decent, but definitely not top of the line Sony digital camera should last? Our pictures have been horribly blurry lately! It's terrible. If there is any movement at all it messes up the whole picture. Anyway, we have taken about 6,000 pictures so far on this camera? Does that make it a senior adult camera?



I love this kid!



After our extra long afternoon nap, Reed wanted to play with his tunnel. He did not however, want to play in his tunnel. He jumped on top of it (once again, no picture due to the stupid camera!), and talked to it, but did not go in it.



"Daddy, do you mind? I am trying to pway with this ball."



Mommy and i disagree on how the ottoman should be situated near our sectional in the bonus room. She prefers it several inches away, I prefer it right next to it. I think we have an answer as to which way is safest for Bubber. With both Abbey and I both watching he slid between them. He thought it was hilarious. In the past day, he also jumped out of the bathtub. Of course, I was there and caught him, but I didn't think babies were supposed to be able to jumped, especially if they can't walk!

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Are you sure you didn't change one of the settings? I find if I take our camera off of automatic and set it to, say, nighttime snapshot, the shutter is a little slower and our photos tend to be a little blurry. I also have found that the "kids and pets" setting on our camera doesn't work as well as the automatic setting. Six thousand photos - that's impressive!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Sarah said...

Hi, Daddy Jeff. Sorry to hear about the ucer. Hope your proton pump imhibitor perks you up pretty soon.

R... said...

Jumping?! Oh dear, you're in for some fun! I didn't know babies jumped before they could walk either!

I'd call Sony. That doesn't sound right!

R...
http://littletatertot.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Are you sure Reed hasn't been secretly taking pictures? Every time Putty's camera messes up, it seems he's allowed Walt to take pictures, and Walt likes to change the settings. Of course, with 6000 pictures taken already, are you sure the entire town of Springfield hasn't been taking pictures with your camera?

Wish I could say I'm sorry you've been sick, but it seems like you had too much fun yesterday for me to be sorry. Enjoy that "little" fellow because they don't stay that way long enough.

Tisra said...

Jeff, so sorry about your ulcer. How horrible- and, yet, that little guy allows you to keep it in perspective, I'm sure. Cuteness like that masks pain- I know because I've got three cuties of my own.

I'd have to echo on a setting being changed- unless you hear a grinding noise or something indicating that the lens is having trouble moving to focus. I have a Sony Cybershot...maybe I could help if they're similar models by trying to mirror your settings? Otherwise, refer to the manual or call the company.

theglenns556 said...

I was going to leave a comment with my brilliant idea of it must be a setting change on your camera but apparently, 3 people were quicker and more brilliant than me!!!

We have a Sony and ours did the same thing. I accidentally had it on MACRO.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your ulcer... No fun! Get better!!!

WOW! TEETH!!! I am amazed.

Hey, I like your new background. Very groovy!

theglenns556 said...

Love the new background! Do you do them yourself?