Custom Search

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What Didn't Get Posted Yesterday!!!

Once again, I apologize for not posting last night. It was very windy and we didn't have electricity for a couple of hours. During that couple of hours, I fell asleep and didn't wake up until morning.



Reed has a few signs he gives off when he is sleepy. One is the "if I am really still and don't say anything, nobody will notice I am sleepy." That would be the picture above. Reed will get his sleepy face and it is so funny.

The next sign is one of my favorite things ever!



The Yawn! Is that not the cutest thing you have ever seen ever? He has the most perfect formation for his yawn.



Later on in the day, Reed came to see Kay Kay with Mommy. I couldn't go eat with them, because I am leading a Bible study with some of my coworkers on Tuesdays at lunch.



But, Reed did come and visit after lunch.

He got to go and see lots of people.



All of the excitement must have made Reed sleepy, because after he had his bottle, he went to sleep in my arms.

I keep blankets in my office (it gets cold in there), so I was able to make Reed a pallet, and he ended up sleeping for an hour and a half. Mommy was able to visit with some of my coworkers like Debbie and Kay Kay.

Since Reed wasn't interested in waking up, Mommy left to go to Hobby Lobby and Reed stayed on my floor. We had to leave soon anyway, because we had an appointment with our financial planner for us to get Reed's college fund set up. College will probably be very expensive in 17 years!



After we came home (in a monsoon!) Reed was ready to play! He immediately went to his favorite cabinet and pulled out a silver tray and piece of pewter. He decided to push them all throughout the room.



He also opened the drawer under the oven, another one of his favorite past times. Just to point out, we do generally button up his outfits, but I had changed him three times and that outfit is HARD to button up. It wasn't long until his bathtime, so we just let him wear it open for a little bit.



Another favorite cabinet. Anyone noticing a pattern here?



The only cabinet we have safety locks on. Cleaning supplies you may guess? No! Mommy's china? YES!



"Mommy, I think this cabinet is bwoken!"

So, now to recap the events of last evening.

I gave Reed a bath and then was getting him in his PJs while waiting on Abbey to bring his bottle up (HE LOVES WHOLE MILK!). We were getting things done, when all of a sudden, BAM! The lights went out! Mommy came upstairs with a candle and more importantly, a bottle. I rocked Reed to sleep and put him in bed.

When I came downstairs the wind was HOWLING. We sat in the living room for a few minutes when we decided that we would have Reed with us downstairs. I brought him down and all he wanted to do was play in the living room. Abbey and I decided to go and lay down on the bed with Reed. After a while, Abbey woke up and went to work, by candlelight, on a writing assignment. I fell asleep with Reed.

Finally, around 9:30, the lights came back on and I continued to sleep. Mommy came to bed around 10:20. I decided that since the weather seemed to have passed, I would go and put Reed in his bed. I set the alarm and Abbey came to bed. It was so funny, she didn't know that I had gone to put Reed in bed, so she started looking for him. (She didn't even know that I had gotten up.) I cracked up when she lifted up a pillow and looked under it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, two observations today.

#1, THE BLANKET!!!!! It's the same fabric as the chairs in your old office! I loved those froggies...

#2, Reed looked like he had a dress on in those pictures. This fact made me laugh quite hard...