Custom Search

Saturday, October 20, 2007

What a Day!



Today has been quite interesting! Reed and I woke up and hit the Donut Palace. We came home and I got ready. Then Abbey took a shower while I gave Reed a bath. After his bath I got him ready and Reed ended up falling asleep. I was feeling empathetic once again and took a nap with him.

Once he awoke, I took him downstairs. Abbey kept him while I went upstairs to make his bed. I thought I would be helpful and got a pair of socks out for Reed. He hadn't worn the pair I selected, so I started pulling them apart (you know that little plastic thing). I must have gritted my teeth because the next thing I knew, most of my front tooth was flying out!

I had a root canal on it sometime back, but hadn't gotten a crown. Well, something had to be done, so the wonderful wife found a dentist who would fix it for me!



Until the dentist could get ready to see me, Reed fell asleep and I washed the van. Abbey fixed lunch for Uncle Brookie and Aunt Ava.



While I was at the dentist, UB and AA arrived. AA brought bubby a present. It was a book, a ball, and a camo outfit.



Then Reed tried on UB's boots. He liked wearing them and was pretty cute I thought!



The dentist was really nice and I now have a nice "prothestic" tooth for the next few weeks until the crown comes back. There are many reasons why it was good that the tooth broke today:

1. It could have broken tonight and then I would have had half a tooth and a lisp at Reed's dedication tomorrow.
2. It could have broken when we were in Taiwan and I don't even want to go into how bad that would have been.
3. It could have broken next week and I would have been too busy in Writer's Conference.

Plus, we've been looking for a local dentist because our current dentist is nearly an hour away and I think we found a great new dentist!

5 comments:

theglenns556 said...

I was just checking your post for the day and Jonah walked over and pointed at you and said "daddy!" Apparently, you are so good at this daddy thing that even my son recognizes it! :-)

Jane said...

Did you know that the majority of that same tooth in mouth is also fake? Part of mine came out years ago when I was still in high school. I haven't had it worked on since, but what happened to you today is one of my worst fears. I don't have a dentist here at all! Glad that you were able to get it fixed so quickly.

Anonymous said...

The picture of Jeff and Reed together would've made a great dental commercial except that Reed's smile would give away the fact that he has NO teeth. What a great picture!

Also, I sure hope UB checks to make sure AA is in the car when he leaves because it looks like she's having a wonderful time playing with Reed. Also, Jeff and Abbey, you need to check for a stowaway in UB and AA's car; they just might try to return to Jackson with an extra passenger!

Sherry said...

Oh my gosh! I totally feel your pain! I broke my 2 front teeth (again) right before our Taiwan trip! It was like I didnt even want to go out in public! Your fak-o tooth looks real good! Hey you needed a dentist anyway right?

How do babies sleep like that?? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oops... Well now we know not to use our front teeth. I use my front two molars. They're stronger...