Custom Search

Monday, April 07, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day!

Just for Fun: Where's Reedo?





Reed and Mommy recuperated from the long weekend at Pop Rox and Lola's. It must have been some kind of weekend, because they hardly did anything today.



Do you think that this is a signal that Reed was tired? He normally does not give this kind of symbol that he is ready for a nap. Generally, his nap mood is not really pleasant. Today was a different story.



When I got home from work, Reed was SO FUNNY! HE was laughing and smiling and giggling. This was him trying to avoid another nap. I really cannot describe in words how funny he was. He just laughed and laughed.



Abbey said that he had been avoiding a nap all afternoon. I decided that I would take him in the guest room and lay down. I know this sounds unlike me, but I really had no intentions of falling asleep. I really needed to mow the yard!



Despite my valiant efforts to stay awake, I succumbed to the gentle whir of my baby boy's snore and fell fast asleep. We must have been REALLY sleeping, because somehow we missed Abbey leaving to go for a walk with Tamara. Finally, around, 5:40, Reed and I woke up!



Reed and I went for a walk around the 'hood when we woke up. Reed smiled, waved, and talked to everyone we saw.
After we came home, Reed ate supper. He had chicken nuggets, peas, and fruit cocktail.



Next, we went to Wal-Mart, because I need to buy some yard care supplies and Reed needed milk.



Finally, we came home and cleaned the upstairs while Abbey was at her Bible Study at church. It was soon time for Reed's bath and bottle.



Now, for a quick side note. We have really gotten in to watching "Jon and Kate: Plus 8" on TLC. Those kids are so cute, but does anyone besides me think Kate is really mean to Jon? I am glad I have a sweet wife who isn't mean to me!

8 comments:

Maria said...

Ooooh yes, that Kate is really a mean one. But man, does she run a household or what? EIGHT KIDS????? Can you imagine??? Glad all the Lands are back home safely!

life with makayla said...

i love that show too!
i still can't get over how cute Reed is!!
He is going to be a heartbreaker.
I need to come babysit some time.
love
makayla baker

Baylee's Mommy said...

I never miss the show on Monday nights. I make it a point to have Baylee down before 8:00 p.m. so I don't miss a minute. Sad I know! My husband makes comments about how mean she is but man I agree with Maria. The stresses of having 8 kids is sure to make anyone mean! ha

Anonymous said...

I don't think she's a mean wife. I think she's fiesty. But you have to hand it to her, she runs an incredibly organized (and clean) house for having six three-year-olds. I applaud her!

The Manning Family said...

Could he be any cuter? Don't think so!!

By the way, I just tagged Abbey.

Julie said...

I can't watch Jon & Kate... It makes me nervous.

Reed is growing so quickly! He is precious!

Our sitter says that Trent goes to the playpen at her house and will reach up to let them know he needs a nap... Why can't he do that at home?!?

Just Us said...

Yu-Lin sleeps the same way..with his butt in the air..I crack up everytime I see him do that. I love watching that show..I'm amazed they get things done with a full house like that. But I agree..I think Kate treats Jon like her child too. Kristie

Anonymous said...

Ok, you try living with 8 kids and we'll see how nice you are to each other! I love that show but it drives Danny crazy for that reason!