Custom Search

Sunday, April 13, 2008

9 Years of Us



Today is the ninth anniversary of our first date. Since we have dedicated a lot of time for the past year or so to the another little Land, tonight, we are not going to be posting any pics of the beautiful blessing God gave us in a son, but I am going to be posting about the beautiful blessing He gave me in a wife.



Since I was traveling, yet again, this weekend, I had our florist deliver some flowers to Abbey. Thankfully, she was doing a wedding this weekend and had some unusual flowers. Generally, in our neck of the woods, we're pretty much stuck with boring, mundane flowers.



Tonight, our friends Danny and Megan, came to keep Reed while we went on a date. We went to Macaroni Grill. It was delicious. Last week, I received a card in the mail. It was from someone who had been in one of the conferences that I had taught a few weeks ago. She explained that she had really enjoyed my conference and thanked me with a giftcard to Olive Garden. Olive Garden isn't our favorite, so Uncle Bubba traded me his Macaroni Giftcard for our Olive Garden giftcard.

We had them bring half of our order out in to-go boxes, but we were determined to have dessert. I ordered my favorite, Tiramisu, and Abbey ordered her favorite Apple Crisp. The manager brought the Apple Crisp out and immediately apologized that the Tiramisu was frozen, but she was going to give us dessert for free. I ordered the chocolate dumplings. They were delicious, but they were not Tiramisu!

We walked around the mall for a little while until it closed and then headed to Target.



We bought a few items and then headed to Starbucks.



I also gave Abbey a new Vera Bradley wallet purse. My friend Klista helped me pick it out. It's great because she can put what she needs in it and easily through it into the diaper bag.

I do love my wife and I am so thankful that God put us together.

Now, for some J & A trivia (Leave a comment if you can answer one or more questions):

What did we do for our first date? Specifics?
What did we do before our first date?
What retail establishment did we frequent most when we first started dating?
When was our first kiss? Where?
Define "DTR".
Post a Comment