Custom Search

Monday, June 02, 2008

Reed's First Day of VBS!



Today was Reed's first day of VBS ever! I am thankful that I work at a Christian organization that allows me days off to do ministry in my local church. It is really great, because VBS is one of my favorite times of the year.

I woke up around 5:45 and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and showered and then fixed breakfast. Then Abbey got up and ready. Finally, we realized that Reed was up and he was watching Lola get ready.

Reed came down after getting dressed and played with his new musical card that Lola brought him. It seems Lola really likes to get Reed noise makers on every visit.



After breakfast, we got ready to leave and get to the church. We were there by 8:00, which I think is really good considering we had three adults and a 15 month old up and out the door by 7:45.



Here's a picture of one of Abbey's room decorations for Outrigger Island. Tomorrow, some of my editor friends from work are coming to observe VBS. Abbey is teaching the 2nd graders. Lola is helping in Reed's class and I am teaching VBX with the best teaching team ever!



Mommy has a beach ball in her room, so Reed thought that was extremely cool!



You can't see Reed's sign very well, but it says, "Reed's First Day of VBS." We pray that Reed will have a rich heritage of church events in his life, but even more so that he would learn to love, believe, and trust Jesus as his Savior and Lord.

________

NOW, we need your help.





We are trying to increase the curb appeal of our house.

Do you think we should:

a.) Put more substantial columns on the porch to replace the toothpicks that are currently holding it up.

b.) Put black shutters up.

c.) Both a.) and b.)

d.) Neither a.) nor b.) but I have a great suggestion.
Post a Comment