Custom Search

Friday, March 09, 2007

What to do when you get bored driving ...

I've been driving today to good ole Indiana. It is, in fact, my first trip to this state here in the union. While I've been driving I had a lot of time to think and be by myself. How odd does this sound for those of you who know me well. The first surprise on my trip was this gigantic dinosaur I saw in Kentucky. Who knew that dinosaurs still roamed the earth.

It was shortly after this dinosaur that I couldn't find a radio station that I wanted to listen to, so I finally settled on one playing a sermon by Charles Stanley. It was really wonderful. It was about faith. It was really great, so after the sermon I decided to have a little prayer time and talk to God. It's cool to pray while you drive, especially if you like to talk out loud, because no one can hear you.


When my gas light came on, I was almost to Louisville, so I stopped at a truck stop and got McDonald's for lunch. It was here that it occurred to me that I was in the Blue Grass state, and yet there was no blue grass to be seen? Is it supposed to be blue or is that just a fable?



After lunch, I decided that I would practice singing the Easter musical at church. Whoever wrote it is in my opinion sadistic because of the notes that he expects tenors to sing. Anyway, I sat my seat straight up and belted out the notes. On the odd occasion that I actually hit one, it did make a nice sound with the CD.



AFter a while, my throat was getting scratchy and since I am teaching for 4 hours over the next couple of days, I thought I better not lose my voice. I still couldn't find a radio station and so in a sober moment of realizing just how much I am like my dad, I switched to an AM station and listened to talk radio. Don't worry, I haven't made it to Limbaugh yet.



Finally, I arrived at my destination and thought that this was probably the longest McDonald's I have ever seen in my life.



I have a very exciting picture to post tomorrow, but first I have to take it. For those of you who know me, it's one of my favorite things to joke about, "It will change your life and make you a wealthy person and keep your skin clear." Apparently the headquarters are around here, because I found a big building with the letters _______ on it. Can anybody guess what it is?

1 comment:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

i'm proud to see that you sat your seat straight up to sing! good job!