Custom Search

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spring Break Plans of a 5th Grader

One of the highlights of our weeks in the past month have been Sunday evenings at church. Abbey and I are teaching the Preteen Small Group. It is a lot of fun. The kids are nice and it is amazing how quickly we have gotten to know them.

Here's an excerpt of a conversation I had the other night at Small Group:

Jeff: Hey Mitchell, what are you going to do for Spring Break.
Mitchell: Nothing much.
Jeff: Well, that doesn't sound very exciting.
Mitchell: (dryly) Well, we were going to go skiing but Daddy has to go to a rabies clinic.


I hope that this is as funny to you as it was to me. It may help to know that Mitchell's dad is a Vet. He is also our Sunday School teacher and is very much a similar personality to the FIL.

For your safety, I went to a rabies Web site to get a map so that you, our loyal blog readers would know where the most danger in your area is. Please be careful. While on the CDC's rabies Web site I found that rabies is completely preventable, yet 55,000 people die from rabies each year! Whoa!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It comes as absolutely NO surprise to me to know that our area lies right smackdab in the middle of the skunk area! There's hardly a morning goes by that I don't smell a skunk when I go out. Thanks for this valuable info, Jeff. Gotta' run; I just realized Frank hasn't had his shot this year!

Linda said...

I feel much better now with the rabies information you have provided! Thought you would like to know that Molly now has a website...

Jane said...

I have already received 3 shots of the rabies vaccine! I will beware of all racoons here in Florida by refraining from feeding them and having any more conversations with them. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW< NONE IN MISSISSIPPI!! WE CAN NOW BE NUMBER 1 IN SOMETHING!! LOVE, MOM

Kevin said...

Jeff,
You might find it interesting to note that since the introduction of rabies vaccinations for pets in the U.S. in the '40's...statistics show that the more pets that are vaccinated annually, there is a direct correlation and decrease in the number of human cases. In the '40's most people were exposed by their pet's. Today exposure comes primarily through wild animals.

What's a FIL?