Custom Search

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spring Break Plans of a 5th Grader

One of the highlights of our weeks in the past month have been Sunday evenings at church. Abbey and I are teaching the Preteen Small Group. It is a lot of fun. The kids are nice and it is amazing how quickly we have gotten to know them.

Here's an excerpt of a conversation I had the other night at Small Group:

Jeff: Hey Mitchell, what are you going to do for Spring Break.
Mitchell: Nothing much.
Jeff: Well, that doesn't sound very exciting.
Mitchell: (dryly) Well, we were going to go skiing but Daddy has to go to a rabies clinic.


I hope that this is as funny to you as it was to me. It may help to know that Mitchell's dad is a Vet. He is also our Sunday School teacher and is very much a similar personality to the FIL.

For your safety, I went to a rabies Web site to get a map so that you, our loyal blog readers would know where the most danger in your area is. Please be careful. While on the CDC's rabies Web site I found that rabies is completely preventable, yet 55,000 people die from rabies each year! Whoa!

Post a Comment