Custom Search

Sunday, July 06, 2008

This Post Brought to You by Spam!



Tonight we had one of my favorite meals for supper. When we were in Seminary, I had this meal pretty often as Abbey was usually in night classes and I was home alone, but she did learn to "eat" Spam without much grimace. Tonight, however, it was a different story. She wasn't just thrilled with the Spam meal, but it was good to me!



After church today, Uncle Bubba met us and we ate at Catfish House. After lunch, we came home and I put Reed down for naptime. He was completely zonked, so it didn't take long for him to go to sleep. Afterwards, Uncle Bubba and I went outside to clean the van, my Jeep, and then Uncle Bubba's car. It was so HOT! Abbey stayed inside and swiffered the floors and did laundry.



Reed had a good nap and was ready to play when he woke up.



Tonight we had the honor of attending the baptism of our friend Carah. When you serve on church staff, you have the honor of knowing many families, but Carah is ultra special because I worked with her daddy. Danny and I served on staff together, so we were able to spend LOTS of time with each other's families. Carah has been such a special girl to us since we have lived in Nashvegas.



It must have been an incredible honor for Danny to be able to baptize his little girl.



We are so proud of Carah's decision to make Jesus her Lord and Savior!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Abbey I think your face says it all in the 1st picture. LOL! Silly daddy and his Spam... hehe:) Does this mean b/c you were forced to eat Spam that now daddy is taking the whole family to the Cheesecake Factory to make up for it? LOL!

(Im just picking on ya daddy:)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Abbey, you look beyond thrilled in the first picture. I love the fourth picture though, that's a really good one of you and Reed! I guess now Mr. Jeff needs to take you to your favorite place!

~ Lexi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming to see Carah! It meant a lot to her (& us!)
Abbey, you are a trooper. Genghis Grill, here we come!

Em said...

Abbey's face in that first picture was the EXACT same face she would give Billy when he would lead us in circle for HOURS through the streets of London only to end up a couple of blocks from our starting point!! (was that a run-on??)