Custom Search

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Priorities



I've been thinking about doing this post for a while and tonight it seems like I am going to finally make it.



You see, there are several things that I really need to do around our house, like cleaning the garage, mowing the yard, putting some clips on the cabinet doors, finish up the trim around the light in our bathroom, paint the mailbox, weed the flowerbeds, and probably a host of other things that I cannot thing about.



My issue is trying to balance time with Reed and Abbey and getting the things I need to do around the house. Most of the things that I need to do, need to be done during daylight, while Reed is awake.



Ultimately, I have got to mow the yard and that one is not the biggest issue. I have generally take time that maybe I wouldn't be around him anyway to take care of the yard, like skipping choir practice to mow the yard.



My issue lies in figuring out when I am supposed to do those things like cleaning out the garage that has been in need of cleaning since we moved into this house back in November.

Or the mailbox that is supposed to be glossy black iron, but is now faded gray from the sun. (yes, I know that sentence is a fragment.)



I work flex hours so that I am able to get off work at 3:00 and am usually home by 3:45. That gives me about 4 hours and 15 minutes until Reed generally goes to bed.



I would love to hear from some Dad's out there, but I am sure that this post may strike some of you work-outside-the-home moms. How do you balance the things that you NEED to do with spending time with your kiddos?



Especially if you kiddo is as cute as ours!

Post a Comment