Custom Search

Monday, May 26, 2008

Sight for Sore Eyes!

Our flight left Calgary this morning at 7:00 AM. After a VERY extended line for Customs in Calgary, we barely made it to our flight before we started boarding. We were very thankful that we could go through customs in Canada because we had a VERY short layover in Dallas.

We taxied around the airport for a while in Calgary so we were about 30 minutes late to DFW, and we only had a 45 minute layover to begin with. We ran from terminal D to Terminal C and made it to the plane in time for "final boarding call." Unfortunately, that meant no lunch!

So, as is customary for flying through DFW, we were delayed once we were on the plane about 25 minutes. That meant, we could have gotten lunch, but we didn't, so we just flew hungry.

We landed in Nashville about 3:00ish and went to wait on our luggage. We were surprised that they got the luggage to the carousel very quickly, however, it didn't include even 1 stitch of our three bags! So, then we went to the AA lost luggage desk.

He said that he thought it would be on the next plane at 4:00. We were cool with it, because we just wanted to get home. Our luggage gets lost all the time, so we're pretty used to just having the courier bring our luggage to our house. Remember the time that Flat Reed got lost coming home from DFW?

We grabbed a quick burger through the drive-thru at Wendys and then headed home. We were so excited to see Reed.

Reed, on the other hand, seemed a little shocked to see us. He was pretty clingy to Lola, but he quickly warmed up to us. It didn't take him long to start playing around with us and get really excited that we were home.

Lola had to go home because she had to work tomorrow, but Pop Rox has a project that he is working on a couple of hours from our house, so he is spending the night again.

We went to eat supper and decided that we would eat at The Depot. Unfortunately, it was not open. Then, we headed to the Catfish House as an old standby.

After supper, we headed to CVS (surely, you had to know that I was going to CVS today!) because they had a two day sale that was ending tonight.

I got a good bit of stuff for $.62 out of pocket and used $10.00 ECBs, and got $16.00 ECBs back.

Then, we came home. On our way home, the courier called to let us know that he had our luggage and would be by between 9:00 and 9:30. That's great, because that means I won't have to go into the CVS ministry for toiletries for Abbey and myself.

Once home, Reed played with his bubble-blowing lawn mower that Lola and Pop Rox brought him. He likes to help mow the yard now, but he's not really good at getting the bubbles to blow.

Reed and I blew some bubbles and then Reed went back to mowing. I continued to blow bubbles, I assume as entertainment for me.

We love this kid!

Tomorrow two of our pastor's children are coming over to play with Abbey and Reed while they take their oldest son to have some tests done at the hospital. Laura is an avid blog reader and she loves Reed, so I bet she'll have fun.

Reed is very serious about his lawn mowing.

Finally, Pop Rox pushed Reed in his car and then it was time for Reed to take his bath.

He was completely exhausted, so it seems that Lola and Pop Rox must have worn him out!

Then it was my favorite time of the day, getting to rock our little guy to sleep.

"I love you buddy, I love you so much." -Daddy
Post a Comment