Custom Search

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Happiest Bath Ever!



Before we get to all of the happy pictures, I must ask, is it normal to have a 15 month old who knows how to climb out of the tub? I mean, look at his leg all hiked up on the side of the tub!



Today was a really long day for Reed. He did not really want to cooperate with his Mama. I think it was a day full of time-out and sitting in the corner.



He has started throwing things too much! It's hard because he has a couple of balls that we throw around, but he thinks he can throw everything. I guess you know, that's out of the question in our house!



After church, we went to Kroger and then home for a bath, where all of a sudden, Reed found his happy spot! He had a great time in the bath!



He laughed and played and laughed some more. He has also become very vocal lately about his family. He says a series of "Dada," then moves on to "Mama," and then "Baby." I guess he is happy with the current family composition.



On another note, I was so stoked today to discover an untouched piece of CVS real estate. It is near a college, so there aren't many college kids who are worried about getting free stuff. (Especially students from this college!)

Anyway, I bought 3 things of deoderant, 4 toothbrushes, 3 packages of allergy medicine, 1 pack of skittles, and 3 glucose monitors. I spent more than I had intended but there were some college kids practicing their harmony behind me (college kids are so annoying sometimes. I mean, they live in a dorm their parents pay for, eat food their parents pay for, go out with their parents money, and yet, they still think they have major problems -- No offense any college people reading the blog!). Man, that was off the subject!

Anyway, I ended up spending $14.47 because I wasn't able to breakdown my purchase to pay for each item with other ECBs, but because 2 of the glucose monitors had cashback rebates, I ended up qualifying for $20.00 in rebates. That means I actually made $5.53 got all of that stuff and walked out with $44.00 in ECBs!

Several of you want to know why I have bought so many Glucose monitors, well, it's pretty simple, they are always free and I usually get a rebate making them not only free, but I get ECBs and a rebate. But, I have given them all away and I have bought 7 so far!



Reed was thrilled with all of the good deals that I got. Other people have been asking what I am going to do with all of the surplus items I have. We haven't completely decided, but we're certainly going to share with anyone who needs something!



We want Reed to be a sharer!



He has started sharing kisses in a very quick fashion. We he will put his face to yours really quickly and then pull back!

WARNING!!!! AN EXTREMELY CUTE PICTURE WILL FOLLOW!











I guess that's all, oh and we are really mad right now because Bravo channel is messing up and we can't watch "Top Chef!"

5 comments:

theglenns556 said...

A couple of things...

First, thanks for the heads up on the glucose monitors. I could not fathom why you would need so many of them.

Kisses...we used to have to beg for them and even then they were very quick. Then, just out of nowhere Jonah gives LOTS of kisses and they are all heartfelt. I think he understands teh significance. That started around 19 months.

Maggie said...

Yeah, I've been wondering why y'all have been buying so many glucose monitors. I didn't know if one of you had diabetes or what! Thanks for the 411.

Julie said...

No matter what kind of day Trent has had or what kind of mood he's in, he ALWAYS loves a bath time :) I just wish my 11-yr old stepson felt the same way about his bath time... I guess 10 years makes a lot of difference.

I tivo'ed Top Chef... I hope our Bravo worked!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! At least you are really concerned about personal hygiene! Being clean is a great thing! (:<)

~ Lexi

Unknown said...

jeff,

LOVE the pics of Reed!!! They are so cute...he is growing up so fast!

by the way, is the glucose monitor deal a monthly deal at CVS? if so, what brand are they? and are you using a coupon? (I am an avid CVS shoppper!)

lauren