Custom Search

Monday, July 16, 2007

Flat Reed: Ridgecrest Recap



Finally! Some pictures. We mentioned that American Idol was not the greatest concert that we have ever attended. Thankfully, my job provides free parking downtown, so we just parked on the roof. When we came back the other night, there was a Dodge Magnum sitting in the rental car section.

I told Abbey that I would love to get that car as a rental for our trip to NC.



I think that the security gaurd who gave me my keys on Friday was as stoked as I was about it.

He said, "Dude, you got a Dodge Magnum!!!"

Abbey said that I was happier about that than going to the concert. She was right!



For some reason, I didn't realize grits and fried green tomatoes were so popular in NC. I had grits quite a few times, but I'm not so keen on the FGT. Abbey ate a few though.

This is the part of the post where I would like to say the eating was great in NC, the fellowship was pretty cool too!



Mrs. Klista babysat Flat Reed for a few minutes while Daddy worked on the camera. FYI, it's still not right. Does anyone know how to make a SONY camera not take 3 pictures every time you click the button? If you do, I'm open to suggestions.



This is where I taught my conferences this weekend. I don't know a lot about Ridgecrest, but I do know how to get to Crystal Springs. All of the conferences went really well. I'm excited about getting to see all of my West US friends next week teaching the same conferences in Glorieta, NM!



We had fun getting to hang out as a family. We're really going to enjoy hanging out with the real Reed.



There are swings all over the place at Ridgecrest. It was fun to "sit and swing a spell."



While we were swinging, Flat Reed practiced his climbing skills.

Now for a quick opinion for those of you following "The Next Food Network Star." Why was Amy eliminated, everyone kept saying, "Amy did this best," and then she was eliminated. Then Jag turns out to have lied about a lot of things and Amy is a finalist. We've been cheering for Amy, so I am glad she got a second chance.

2 comments:

Alaina said...

Yeah, I totally agree about Amy. I've been watching the whole season and think that of all the contestants - her show idea is the one I would actually watch! She has been awesome in all but one challenge - what were they thinking?! I hope she wins.

Sherry said...

Very cool wheels for a rental:) Looks like a good trip. I love grits but not on FGT... only w/ sugar (I think thats a MD thing?) LOL!

*Now come on Taiwan judges!