Custom Search

Monday, July 09, 2007

Flat Reed: Fixing Breakfast for Mommy



Saturday morning, Daddy (as usual) woke up early. Sleeping late for me is when I sleep to 6:15 or so, since I wake up so early to get to work. When I got up, Flat Reed was already up and dressed. (I know those of you who realize that he hasn't changed clothes in quite some time, this was not that hard of a feat for him to accomplish.) Anyway, Flat Reed had the idea that we should fix breakfast for mommy.



Flat Reed kept a close watch on the biscuits. He didn't want them to burn. He must already realize that my cooking abilities are around nil.



Mommy is not a big bacon eater, but that is what was in the fridge, so we work on frying up some yummy bacon.



Flat Reed and I thought that we had made some wonderful scrambled eggs, but they were not like Mommy wanted them. She prefers lightly cooked eggs; Flat Reed and I prefer WELL-DONE Eggs (If you burn'em, we're happy! ;-)


All-in-all, the breakfast was a filling success. I bet that it will become a tradition for me and Reed to cook breakfast together.

We've still not gotten a new update or any information regarding our ruling. My mom and I have a birthday on Wednesday. Maybe we will get a much wanted present!

4 comments:

R... said...

I hope you get the best birthday present ever!

Anonymous said...

The very best birthday present that I could ever imagine is that you are about to travel to go pick up that precious little grandbaby. My prayers will be especially fervent on our birthday. There is nothing like a wonderful son and God blessed me three times. What fun it is to share a birthday with you. Love, MOM

ava and brookie said...

I hope Mommy liked the biscuits since she didn't like the eggs and bacon! :) Happy Early Birthday!! I bet Reed misses his Daddy and Mommy.

Anonymous said...

You are such a great daddy! Reed is going to have a wonderful time learning from you--even though you don't know that when you cook for someone, you do it like they like it. The only other thing I can see that may not go well with Reed helping you in the kitchen is that bacon grease, fire and babies being close by do not a good combination make!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE SPRINKLES!