Custom Search

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Flat Reed: American Idol Flops

We are in Ridgecrest, North Carolina for a Sunday School conference where I am teaching the preteen division. We had a great trip and remembered everything, but the camera cord, so there won't be any pictures for a couple days unless I see someone with a Sony camera like ours and borrow it from him or her.

Quick Birthday Recap:

Delicious lunch with Abbey and my editorial team at LifeWay. We ate at "The Standard." It was great. Supper with our dearest friends the Sprinkles at Maggiano's. It was delicious! Then we went to the American Idol Concert. Let's just say we left at intermission. It was way loud and they really aren't that good of concert presenters! Ironically, and know that it pains me deeply to type this, Sanjaya was one of the best performers.

But it was a fabulous birthday with the cherry on top being the pictures that I am sure you have been enjoying!

Recap of today's events involving Flat Reed:

Picked up rental car. Abbey said that I was smiling more than I had at the concert when I found out that they were giving me a Dodge Magnum as my rental. I have been dying to drive one! It's really cool, kind of gangsterish! I like it! Flat Reed LOVED it, of course, he loves anything his Daddy loves.

We drove through Knoxville where we stopped for lunch at McAlister's, a visit to Super Target, and printing off the new pictures.

Then we stopped in Sevierville at the Factory Outlets. Flat Reed enjoyed visits to Gymboree Outlet, Children's Place Outlet, Polo Outlet, Baby Gap Outlet, and Carter Outlet. He didn't really "rack up" on clothes though. Carter's had some REALLY cute things, so we got him an outfit or two there.

2 comments:

Jane said...

You realize what this means? When you leave a concert because it is too loud, you are old! Sorry. BUt I know this because I have done the same thing! :)

Anonymous said...

Tell the truth; did Flat Reed get to drive the rental car?