Custom Search

Friday, May 11, 2007

Flat Reed: Taking Time to Smell the Flowers



Flat Reed has had such a busy week. He has had so many new experiences. One that I was very excited about was teaching him about taking care of flowers. I love working in the beds and pots around my yard, so I have really been hoping that Flat Reed would enjoy it too. He really liked using the sprinkler!


These pictures were taken the other day, because if you are around here, you know know that we got quite the soaking tonight!


Flat Reed wanted to smell all of the flowers, but he really didn't have a lot of luck with the callas. They really don't smell, but he was trying to sniff each and every flower. He really liked the way mommy's sage and basil smells, but really didn't care for the smell of the marigolds! Who does?

5 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Glad to hear you are teaching Flat reed to have a green thumb.

Anonymous said...

Duh! Of course I remember you! How could I not? I comment on your blog everyday! I love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hadn't gotten a chance to check up on Flat Reed in a couple of days...but, my husband came home from work and asked me, "Did you see the picture of Flat Reed pulling Aunt Bitsy's hair?" Well, no, I hadn't (yet!). See, Flat Reed, you are so famous that my husband is even telling me about your adventures these days (and I thought he only read MY blog!).

(Do ya'll think little Flat Reed ought to be allowed to handle the garden hose? That little guy might wind up kind of welty if he accidentally sprays himself! I guess we do have to let our children take some chances, though...)

Ann said...

Cracks me up everytime!! I know I said that last time. Hubby was in the room and saw The flat Reed adventures(hey that could be a book title), he started laughing and asked "they're still doing that, you have to send that link to my Mom"

Always puts a smile on my face. When are you guys traveling?

Em said...

FYI...I have a baby bjorn infant carrier thingy that we used once for maybe 10 minutes that you are MORE than welcome to use. That just randomly crossed my mind, and I thought it would be especially helpful on the trip back with Reed. Let me know, and I'll bring it with me when I come! Love y'all!!!