Custom Search

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Flat Reed: American Idol Recaps



Okay, so Flat Reed was getting a little impatient with the American Idol finale` tonight. It was pretty long for a 10 second spot at the end of the show which revealed that Sparky won! Yeah! If it couldn't be Melinda, Jordin is a very worthy winner. I am sure that she will go far and she was so appreciative of her win.



"Daddy, did they really need to bring back Sanjaya?"

I agree with Flat Reed that Sanjaya was tied for the worst possible person to be on the finale`. You may be wondering why a tie?



Ta Da! No they did not bring Bette Midler on to sing off-key! I think that Sanjaya and Bette are going to be playing clubs in the future. I don't think that they are going to be big venues.



Flat Reed and I were a little perplexed by some of the talent choices. Excuse our ignorance, but who in the world is Sergeant Pepper?

Flat Reed is a little upset with his mom and I right now. We told him tonight that we were going to the American Idol Concert when it comes to Nashvegas on my birthday. He was really upset until we reminded him that Sanjaya would be there. Do you think they are going to plant his "crying fan" in the concert?



Go Jordin Go! We'll buy a CD when it comes out! We are certainly going to buy one of Melinda's. I am really hoping that Melinda will sign with a Christian label. It would be great to have another great Christian musicisian with her exposure in the secular world!

One last note: Paula, lay off the Botox. It looked like you were trying to cry, but your face wouldn't move!

6 comments:

Beckyb said...

I am thinking you all need to be the NEXT Simon!!! That was great - we watched it too - we are just thrilled that a Christian won as well - kind of neat!

Anonymous said...

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was a brainchild of the Beatles. Paul McCartney decided they should create ficticious characters for each band member (Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr) and record an album to be performed by the ficticious band. The album, the eighth by the Beatles, was released in 1967. In 2003, Rolling Stone named it #1 on the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

B.I.L.

RamblingMother said...

Didn't you hear, Paula fell and broke her nose trying not to step on her very small dog.

Beverly

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

completely agree with the paula comment...strange woman!

Anonymous said...

Boy, Jeff, you really do age me. As anonymous said it is a Beatles album. I have Uncle Robert's copy right here so I will show it to you this weekend. Can't wait to see all of you. Mom

Mommy Spice said...

So happy for Jordin, although I did love Blake too. Sorry to say, I am very familiar with Sgt. Pepper, but when the Bee Gees did the movie. My mom was a musician... I liked last year's finale much more than this year's. I was happy to see Bee Bee and Cee Cee Wynans perform with Melinda.