Custom Search

Monday, May 14, 2007

Flat Reed: Mommy's Secret Pal



Today, Mommy's secret pal at school revealed herself. She has been a really good secret pal, and she got Mommy a bush and a statue. The little statue was of a cute little boy wearing a cap and had a ball and glove. You can see it in the picture above.



She also got Mommy a Nandina bush for Mother's Day. She wanted her to have something that would be permanent so that she would always be able to remember her first Mother's Day. I think that was an extremely thoughtful gift. We are trying to decide exactly where we want to put it. We have some ideas, but we haven't nailed anything down yet.

The bush is looking a little crispy right now, but I am sure once we get it in the ground it will be looking much better.



We have been trying to get Flat Reed to quit climbing things. I hope that he learned his lesson tonight when he started falling out of the bush and Daddy had to come to his rescue.

One is thing is for sure, we have a climber on our hands.

3 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

I'm cracking up!! Love the garden stuff.

PandaMom said...

I am soooo glad I found you! My real life friend is MommySpice on Hunan Spice. Our Chinese daughters are just three months apart. We have been in the same play group for two years and just moved away from them a few weeks ago. Very sad. Anyway! We don't fit the new criteria for adopting again from China and are looking at Taiwan next! Any info from you would be GREAT!!! You can email me a panda-mom @ sbcglobal.net (of course, leave out the spaces!). The only agency we found is Journey of the Heart. I will surely be back to visit you!!! ; )

PandaMom said...

I can't remember if I put an underscore or dash in panda-mom, but it is supposed to be a DASH! Sorry!