Custom Search

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Flat Reed: Hide and Go Seek



Flat Reed has developed this fun new habit of playing hide-and-go-seek every time we are about to go and do something. Tonight, we were getting ready to go outside to pull weeds and water the flowers, and off he went. By the time we were back downstairs we couldn't find him.

He was quiet as a mouse and didn't make a move. Finally, after looking high and low, we found him lying flat (imagine that!) on the top shelf of the bookcase. We had to scold him for climbing on the bookcases. He should know better.



We went outside and started working on the plants. Apparently the water is gushing over our gutters and onto the plants below on the deck. That causes a lot of splashing, so while we were working on getting all of the soil off the deck, Flat Reed went into the back yard to play.

When we were done I was going to turn the water on so that I could water the plants. I got into the backyard and realized that I couldn't hear Flat Reed. I looked through the yard and finally I spotted him. Do you see him?



Apparently the breed of hostas that we have is akin to the "Goliath" line. All of our hostas are huge, but they are really pretty. We were a little worried that we had lost them this year due to the freeze.

Coming this week: Helping Daddy with the Flowers and Take Time to Spell the Callas?!?!?

3 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

You honestly make my day when I read this blog.
You have got the most interesting sense of humor.I just love it.I almost feel as if I am reading some childrens book when I read this it is so entertaining. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Keep them coming.
It will be interestint to read this blog when the real Reed arives. What will happen to Flat Reed?

Beckyb said...

BIG Hosta fan here - your are gorgeous!!! Love it that Reed can barely see over them!

Sarah said...

Are you guys participating in a Taiwan adoption Yahoo group??? If not, you need to join! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adopting_From_Taiwan/ This is a great place to learn about Taiwan adoption for newbies, but also to share in the joys in other adoptive families experiences. I was looking for your e-mail address tonight in the Yahoo group site and couldn't find your names. I don't share my e-mail address on my blog because it has my last name and can identify me by my town for all to see. Anyway, I'm looking for your e-mail address so I can send you links to some stylin' baby boy clothing as you requested on my blog. I think Reed could use a monster shirt from this website, or creative mommy-to-be Abbey could make one! Check these out: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=36690