Custom Search

Monday, April 09, 2007

Flat Reed: Praying Reed Home



Prayer is pivotal in the lives of those who follow Christ. Abbey and I believe that wholeheartedly. Prayer has helped us get to the point where we are today in our spiritual, marital, personal, occupational, and parental lives.

Throughout this process we have prayed fervently for God's will to be done. When we chose to adopt from Taiwan, our prayers were able to be more directed. Once the homestudy was completed, Abbey and I began to pray for Reed's birthmom.

Our prayers:
1. Reed's birthmom would have a place to sleep.
2. Reed's birthmom would have a good meal each day.
3. Reed's birthmom would have support and medical care.

Each of these prayers were answered above and beyond what we could have ever imagined. God is so faithful to hear our prayers. Through the background information we received on Reed's birthmom, we know that God had a hand in her life and gave her each of the things we prayed for.

Now, we want you all to join with us. If you are committed to "Praying Reed Home," we'd love for you to comment and let us know. We want to be able to show Reed how many people loved him and prayed for him before we had ever even met him.

Pray that God will grant us a speedy court process, that He will orchestrate our travel plans, that He will watch over Reed while we are not with him, and that He would prepare Reed's heart to accept God's amazing salvation.

14 comments:

Laura Maryalice said...

Count me in!

I had to write an essay about my family for a Spanish test the other day. Don't worry--Reed was not left out! :-)

Anonymous said...

Of course I'm praying for my sweet little nephew. I can't wait to hold him in my arms!

Maggie said...

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust...from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him and his righteousness with their chilren's children...

Of course we'll be praying!!

Em said...

Reed has been in our prayers for some time now, and that will continue for the rest of his life! We're also praying for y'all...that God would give you patience as you are in the "home stretch", and that God would give you a peace that Reed is being nurtured properly while he waits to come home. I love y'all!!!!

Anonymous said...

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much", and y'all have proven that. We support you and pray for you, Reed, and your families as we all await his arrival in the USA. Reed has no clue what life with you will hold, but we're looking forward to watching God's plan unfold for him.

We love all three of you!

Anonymous said...

Reed has been on the top of my prayer list for a very long time, as you know, and he continues to be. I can't wait for pictures of the real baby Reed in your arms! May God direct your plans and lift your spirits!

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for your baby and for the two of you and will continue that prayer. Love you

Ann said...

Omgosh, I have been following the flat Reed chronicals and it just cracks me up. I will help you pray Reed home. What a wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

Dear sweet son and sweet daughter-in-law, I cannot even imagine the number of prayers that I have sent up for our precious grandbaby. Tonight I introduced the letters PRH to my First Place group and asked that they commit to Praying Reed Home. I say "ditto" to all of the comments that you have received. Only God could know what wonderful parents and what a wonderful future is in store for this precious young man, who is already loved and cherished by so many, but more importantly by our Heavenly Father. We love you, MOm

Anonymous said...

We pray for patience, health and wellness for Reed and for the time to be filled with anticipation that soon you will finally hold YOUR SON in your arms! How wonderful will that be???

Kim M said...

Will definitely continue to pray for all three of you!

Alaina said...

We will be praying for all of you. We are thrilled to see another beautiful child placed in a loving family.

Jane said...

Sorry, I have been out of pocket this past week, but I am continuing to pray for you three. I pray that Reed will have a sensitive heart when it comes to things of God and that he will come to know God in that personal way at a young age. Jeff and Abbey, I pray that the two of you will continue to cling to God and one another during this time of waiting. Y'all will be the best parents!

taiwanbaby said...

Peace to you during this wait. It's the final stretch!!! soon he will be home, in his bed, in the laundry and many places you haven't imagined yet! :)