Custom Search

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Flat Reed: "Mommy's" New Books



We've been collecting children's books ever since Abbey and I have known each other. My mom, Flat Reed's "Enna," sent Abbey a couple of new books to Abbey for her birthday. They are really neat books. I always love getting new books. Children's books are the best ones to read because they are short and have pictures!



I've not had a chance to read over this one, yet, but the title intrigues me, "I Love You Like Crazy Cakes." If ever there was a child who will be loved like "crazy cakes," it is our son!



Flat Reed's Aunt Ava has started an online business selling her hand-painted canvasses. She is making personalized ones for people who request them. Here's one that she made for Reed.



The artwork is great for hanging in an office, bedroom, or wherever you need a splash of color. They are really neat. You should go to Ava's Originals link to the right and check out what she has for sale. I love this quote about adoption. It's really neat.

3 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Flat Reed,
Maybe if you are a good little boy mom and dad will read a book to you before you lay down for a nap.Do you like to be read to?What is your favorite book?

Mommy Spice said...

Well, I heard about your blog and had to come see. I am a former second grade teacher, and I know the Flat Stanley book well; have even taken a picture with him. How cute is this?!! I also love children's literature. I have 10 years worth of books from my classroom, and now I love reading them to my Spicy Girl.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see part of Abbey's present in Flat Reed's arms. I have not read the "Red" book, but wanted to buy it because I am knitting the red cover for the foster family. "Crazy Cakes" is so sweet and I cried every time I read it thinking about the two of you and the wonderful time you will have seeing Reed for the first time. This granny cannot wait. Love Ava's site and cannot wait to order from her. She is soooo talented. Abbey, keep watching for your mail. There is a little bit more to come. Happy Birthday. ENNA