Custom Search

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Flat Reed: My First Puddin' Pop



Flat Reed was so excited when I got home from work and it was such a beautiful day, we decided to go hang out in the backyard. Since I've heard it's not so safe to let a baby have ice cream in the house, I decided to let Flat Reed have his first puddin' pop.



Flat Reed is still too young to feed himself, so I had to hold his puddin' pop for him.



After we finished our afternoon snack, we decided to go lay out in the hammock for a little while. Yesterday when I came home from work, there were two deer and a rabbit in our backyard. It was the first time that I have seen deer in our yard. I've seen them in the neighborhood before, but never in our own yard.



I have always liked feet. Abbey's not so sold on feet. So, I decided to take a comparative look at my feet versus Flat Reed's feet. Generally, there would be no socks on, however, in Taiwan, they really believe in keeping their babies completely covered. So, I decided it would be best for us to keep our socks on.



You know babies don't have a long attention span, so we had to go play in the woods for a few minutes. Flat Reed was hoping to sight a deer like I did yesterday, but there was none to be found. We've got to get some more birdseed for the feeders so that the birds will at least hang out in our backyard.



Flat Reed was also amazed when he found out that he had fans! Check out "Dumplins, Three" listed under the Taiwan Adoption Links in the margin. LandLife is featured as their "Sight to Savor" in its first attempt to highlight a sight they like to watch. That's cool!

I better get off the computer now, Flat Reed and I are supposed to start supper since Abbey had an appointment this afternoon. I have to get supper ready to go so that we will have it ready to eat when we get home from church tonight. Flat Reed, Abbey, and I are excited because we are sure that Sanjaya will be voted off tonight. Can you believe that we were out last night so we didn't get to see Martina McBride (who by the way, is my favorite country singer and Abbey's least favorite - the song about buying a gallon of milk for some stranger really irks Abbey)?

4 comments:

Mic said...

Thanks for allowing Flat Reed to be featured on my blog! I plan to add PHOTOS of him on the blog tonight after I get back home from teaching our church's English as a Second Language class.

It is a delight to be able to share Flat Reed with the rest of my friends! It looks like he had as much fun today as always!!! Oh...and I have to agree with Abbey about the song milk song. My pet peeve is songs that are too contrived or blatantly try to tug at the emotions...just ask my husband...there are some songs on some of the albums he listens to that are just like nails scrawling over a chalkboard for me (for those very reasons I cited above!).

~Monica

Anonymous said...

Why would Flat Reed be hungry after church when he's had a pudding pop. Sure hope Mommy knows the care he's getting while she's away.

Anonymous said...

Since the subject of parental wisdom was brought up, I, myself was a bit concerned about the fact that little Flat Reed was sitting on his own in an adult chair. It would be tragic if Flat Reed took a topple and wound up even flatter!

Kim said...

What an adorable idea! Wish we could have done that too. Can't wait to hear adventures of real Reed - that's awesome that you get to bring him home so soon! Can you tell me more about adoption from Taiwan?