Custom Search

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Storms



I've always liked storms. Recently I discovered that maybe it has something to do with growing up as a daughter of an electrical engineer; a friend of ours' daughter shares the same like. Her dad works for a power company too. However, I also recently realized how much I loved storms while safely inside away from danger. Watching and hearing the rain and wind along with the lightning that expands the sky is enchanting. Once the storm passes, everything is clean and new. I think storms appeal to me because during the storm, there's no doubt God is in control. Who else could have created such a show?

As we continue to see what God has in store for us, I have the feeling we are in the storm. We may not be able to control it, but we know who does. We may not be where we want to be, but He has us where He wants us.
Perhaps one of my favorite bands, Casting Crowns, puts it best...

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
And stepped in and saved the day
Once again, I say Amen, and it is still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
I'm with you
As your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll Praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
You are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will Praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find you

I lift my eyes into the hills
Where does my help come from
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth
(You can hear this song if you go to www.castingcrowns.com)

I don't think I could convey my feelings any better than this song does. However long the storm lasts, we will continue to praise Him.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

what a beautiful post. what a beautiful comparison between the way you knew you were safe because of what your father does for a living and how you know you're safe because of what your Father does for a living. that fits so perfectly with the way i'm feeling now in the storm in my life, but i joyfully and thankfully say that my storm is beginning to calm down. i hope yours does, too, soon.

Anonymous said...

Would you believe that I was listening to that song as I was reading that entry! Wild huh? Ilove that song. It totally reminds me that no matter how much we go through in life, God is still in control.
See ya at church,
Tessa