Custom Search

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Another Target Experience


Okay, so our friends Jon and Alicia are always telling us about the different stores that we need to boycott. As you may or may not know, Abbey and I love to go to Target. In fact, we go almost every Tuesday evening after Chik-fil-a (We're not at all routine, are we?). Well, Target is one of the stores that J and A tell us we should boycott, and for a variety of reasonable reasons. However, we can't seem to shake the habit.

When I go to Target for the church, though, I always use my tax exempt card that has all the church tax exempt numbers on it. Today I went to buy bikes to give away for the Easter Eggstravaganza this weekend. I was checking out and having an otherwise normal shopping event when I gave the clerk my TE card. She was putting the number in without any question, and then this "manager" type started looking over her shoulder.

He looked at me and said, "Don't you have the real form?" I said, "I come in here every week and use this card and no one has questioned it." He said, "Well, we can't just believe you, next time, bring the form!" I wanted to say, can you believe the church name on the credit card?

So now, Abbey does not like the clerk Regina and I don't like the manager Jim. Target's service has gone batty as of late. Jon and Alicia say it is because they are now owned by the French!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

CRAZY TARGET PEOPLE. YOU'RE BUYING BIKES, IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO GET A BUNCH OF FURNITURE OR SOMETHINGS. ooops, i had caps lock on and wasn't paying attention...i was actually trying to pretend to a coworker that i was listening...sorry!