Custom Search

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Our 7th Anniversary from the first date!


It all happened one Tuesday night after BSU. It was a special BSU held a local coffee house called Gravity in Clinton, Mississippi. We had planned on going to play putt-putt but when we got there it was closed. When we discovered that the place was closed we went to see a movie at the theatre on Lakeland in Flowood. We saw "Never Been Kissed." We were the only people in the theatre so we talked quite a bit throughout the movie. We had a lot in common. I was in love, quickly. The next day after the date (NO, we did not kiss on the first date), I set up a savings account to buy her engagement ring. And now, here we are 7 years later and still in love. Well, more in love than we were before. Her eyes are beautiful as you can see in this picture.

For our seventh dating anniversary, Abbey got seven presents as seen here. The first present was a Willow Tree figurine known as courage. Next, she got her favorite flavors of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (Toasted Marshmellow and Buttered Popcorn). The next day, Abbey got a giftcard for a manicure. On Monday, she got some Creme Brulee Body wash. Tuesday was a figurine made back in 1999 (just by chance I found this, but that is the year we started dating). Wednesday there was a coffee mug that had a picture from a card I had given her when we first started dating. Today was the big day, when she got three new pieces of Vera Bradley. She got a new pattern, Java Blue.

The florist made another visit to our home today. This time with a beautiful hydrangea bush. It was from the teachers at East Robertson where Abbey teaches.

5 comments:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

Happy First Date Anniversary guys! Abbey..I am SO jealous..i love the Tutti Dolce stuff, Enjoy! I'm actually wearing the creme brule lip gloss right now! Also, Thanks for the great gifts! Although, I'm allergic to nuts..and I ate half of that stuff before I realized nuts were in them. Now I'm swollen up like CRAZY! haha..just kidding. I'm not allergic to anything! I had you going though didn't I!Enjoy the rest of your day together!

Maggie said...

Wow. I can't believe it's been 7 years. What a great year. Hmmm. Congratulations!

Jane said...

I can still remember that night and a lot of other nights after that...who can forget the "quick trip" to the store to get ice cream. I still haven't figured out what took you 3 hours. I can also remember how funny y'all were after the first date trying to figure out if the other really liked you. That sure made me tired, but I am still happy for you both...even after 7 years!

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh, that's sooo sweet! I still remember how you showed us all kinds of places on campus where you were with Mrs. Abbey, Jeff.
By the way, I can't wait 'till camp!
From,
Tessa