Custom Search

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Flat Reed: Foster Family Gifts



A while back we went to Loveless Cafe (one of the 1000 places you are supposed to go before you die). We had been wanting to find something special for the foster and agency gifts, so we thought we might find something there. We were looking around when Abbey spotted these guitar shaped gift baskets. Since we live in Music City USA, it was the perfect basket (By the way ... I have an eerie feeling that I have already blogged about this, if I have, forgive me!).



We filled the basket with goodies and items specific to the Volunteer State and the lady fixed them up nicely. We are going to give one of them to the agency and one of them to the foster family. My mom, Reed's Enna, is also knitting a red afghan for the foster family.

We are so excited. Our flights really came together today. I called the Atlanta office of the airline we were wanting to fly and this nice lady was able to get us a really good price on the flights out. So good, in fact, that we were able to get seats in elite delux class both ways! We are really going to appreciate having that room.

Other people have had a hard time getting flights lately. I am so thankful that ours came together so quickly.

Now, I am going to work on the hotel!



Nearly 3 years ago, when we first decided to start a family, I bought this diaper bag for Abbey for Christmas. It is so hard to believe that we are finally on the brink of using it. I think God was waiting until we were able to put Reed's name on it. He certainly has a plan greater than our own.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Yeah! I just read your news! I know Reed is just as excited as you... trust me the babe knows your coming for him! Finally! I cant wait to see how your trip goes & Kobi and I are dancing in front of the computer right now:) LOL!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I remember her getting that diaper bag. I'm so excited that it soon meet up with it's baby!

Sarah said...

Oooh! Of course you have a Vera Bradley diaper bag! This is so funny to me, because I was thinking of something to send you last week and was wondering if you had one yet. Had no idea that Jeff had it all ready to go nearly 3 years ago!

Anonymous said...

I sure do like that matching diaper bag tag! :) Reminder: You have not blogged with pictures of the finished nursery. It is finished isn't it??

Beth said...

Praise God!! Praise God!! I am so excited for you!!!! We bought "the diaper bag" too when we started trying. It is hanging on the dorr of what will one day be the nursery.

Ann said...

So glad that things are coming together, it won't be long