Custom Search

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Yum Yum!

Last night, we had the Spicklers over for some good ole fashioned cooking. We ate our fresh veggies from the farmer's market and Abbey cooked my very favorite apple dumplings. They were just wonderful. In fact, I just had another one.
Today has been a busy day for both Abbey and I. We went to work, I did some editing and got ready for a couple of conferences that I have coming up. I also corresponded with several of my writers. Abbey taught and reviewed participles, gerunds, and infinitives. She also helped search a locker, but there were no drugs in it.


Abbey's Apple Dumplings!

1-2 Granny Smith Apples (cored, peeled, and wedged)
Half a stick of butter
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
1 can of crescent rolls
cinnamon to taste
1/2 cup of sugar

Sprinkle each wedge with cinnamon and sugar. Wrap each wedge with a crescent roll and put into a baking dish. Melt butter in a microwave and add 1/2 cup of brown sugar, white sugar, and 1/4 cup of water to the melted butter. Cover the crescent rolls with the butter mixture and sprinkle remaining brown sugar on top. Cook at 350 until crescent rolls are golden brown.

Are you hungry yet? Tonight we went to Chick-fil-a. We accidentally skipped church on Sunday morning so we didn't have bulletins. We had to pay full price for the meal! The Horror! I bet you can't guess what we did next. Okay, so we're boring! Yes, we went to Target. They have their stationary on sale, so we got some for my writer's. Now, we're home and settled in. Abbey's got to have the computer, so I guess that's all for now! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think temptations of this magnitude should be banned from blogging. That apple dumpling may have been one of the best I've ever tasted, but if I had another one, I could probably tell you positively whether or not it was. Those veggies were scrumptious, too!

Anonymous said...

Where do yall go to church now anyway?

Beckyb said...

Ok - I DON'T COOK - but that tempts me!!!! I may have to try it!!