Custom Search

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Abbey's Car Has BooBoo

Scene: Jeff and Abbey have just left Target (big surprise, right?) and are headed South towards Rivergate Parkway where they plan on getting on to the interstate so that they can get off on exit 98 for gas that is $2.37 a gallon (instead of the 2.55 that it is in Springfield). The rain has begun to come down a little heavier and the streets are nice and slick. Because they are on the street that wraps the mall, they are going rather slowly. There is one car in front of Jeff. As the car continues to drive, all of a sudden Jeff and Abbey both see this blue pontiac turn right in front of them.

Jeff: (slamming on the brakes and laying on the horn): There's nothing I can do.
Abbey: I know.
Jeff: (still laying on the brakes and the horn): There's nothing I can do. There's nothing I can do. There's nothing I can do.
Abbey: (car still sliding, horn still honking): I know, I know, I know.
Jeff: (CRASH!): There was nothing I could do.
Abbey: I know.
Jeff: (on phone): Yes, I've just been in an accident. (pause) No, no one is hurt. (pause) Okay, I'll call them.
Jeff: (on phone again): Yes, I've just been in an accident. (pause) No, no one is hurt. (pause) We're at Rivergate mall between Macy's and the Goodwill Store, I don't know the name of the street. (pause) You want me to move the car... This wasn't my fault, and I want the officer to see that. (pause) Oh, Tennessee is a no fault state. Okay, we'll be waiting.
Well, the police finally came and the guy who we hit was very nice. He was kind and sorry that he had caused an accident. I was just thankful that he had insurance. At first glance, it doesn't look like we had that much damage. Look and see the next picture though.
The bumper is dented. There is a crack to the right of the headlight. Also if you see the right panel above the tire, it is dented to. So, tomorrow I get to take the car to work, where during my lunch break I will take it to the Toyota dealership. Then I will get a rental car, while they work on repairing our car. I don't know if we've blogged about it before, but we love Toyota's. The problem is, they seem to attract accidents that are not our fault. We didn't have the blog at the time the lady plowed into the backside of Abbey's Camry. Thankfully, no one was hurt and we will be alright! Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Maggie said...

That reminds me of the time the 80-year-old lady rammed into me...then me and all of 8-month-pregnant-glory stepped out of the car and I thought she was going to have a heart attack! She paid out of pocket though...but, I had to go into the ghet-to of Jackson to pick it up...long story...

Anonymous said...

Poor car! Well, look at it this way, at least it wasn't your grandma. My grandma backed into the side of the Cavalier. But then again, we got a Lexus, so it wasn't that bad!

Kim M said...

So glad nobody was hurt.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know - Mazdas have a tendency for no fault attacks as well.

Anonymous said...

Ask Abbey if she would've gone Long Hollow Pike to get on the Interstate because I know sometimes she and I think more alike than you and Frank, and I would've gone Long Hollow Pike. Just checking! (I really do love you, Jeff!)

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

Gosh, glad you two are ok!

JEff said...

Mrs. Shelia, Yes, you are right. I was surprised we headed to Rivergate rather than the other way...oh well, not everyone has our great sense of direction!