Custom Search

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Standing in the Rain


Well, some-probably most-who read this blog know by now, but Jeff and I are currently searching for a new church home. If you know us well, you know this is one of the hardest decisions we've ever made, nor was it one we really wanted to make. However, you deal with life the best you can, and we are.

One of my friends once said you know you're having a good day when you can notice the day, the beautiful sky, the sounds of living things all around you, and just in general God's canvas He created. Yet how often do we take a beautiful day for granted, yet the day - and its beauty - still exists? And while beautiful days go unnoticed, the rainy days sure can cause the grumblings to begin.

While driving in my car today, I heard a testimony from SuperChic (a Christian group). A member of this group was explaining the meaning behind one SuperChic's new releases, Stand in the Rain. She was describing me! How often we don't want to get wet, so we wait inside Wal-Mart for things to dry up, often ending up more wet because it only got worse, not better, before our patience wore out! If only I would just deal now, knowing God is on my side, rather than pushing it aside. So, here I sit, er, stand, in the rain. God knows it isn't easy, but He's in control, and I'm ready to weather the storm. I know I'll come out stronger, with new truths God will reveal through this journey I didn't choose to take, but I'm willing to walk. Maybe this excerpt from the song will help you decide if you want to weather your storm or come in out of the rain.

So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it’s all crashing down
You stand through the pain
You won’t drown
And one day what’s lost can be found
You stand in the rain

"And as for you, dear brothers, never tire of doing what is right." 2 Thessalonians 3:13

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cate is praying for you both faithfully every night.

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you both immensly.

Maggie said...

hey, we're going through this exact thing. we've found our new home, though, and the blessings have been unimaginable.

Kim M said...

Hate to see you go. Our prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Abbey, you simply must go to seminary and get your "preaching degree". I know I'd definitely benefit from it, and so would others I know. Of course, then you not only would have to find a new church home but a new denomination! You're definitely seeking consolation in the right place--God's Word and His world! The blessings will surpass any you've ever dreamed. Remember, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

I love you both so much.

Anonymous said...

i love you guys soooo much! you are the best!!!!!!!!

xoxoxox,
michaela