Custom Search

Monday, September 04, 2006

I did it...

We had a great time with the IL's. It was good to see them and get to spend time with them. We did some sightseeing downtown and took them to our favorite barbeque spot, Famous Daves. Yesterday, we went to church (look for more about this, soon), and then came home for hamburgers. We went to Hendersonville to Home Goods and Target, then went to eat at Cock of the Walk (YUM!). It was a nice visit together.

The IL's are gone now. Abbey and I had plenty of extra time on our hands, so we decided to get industrious. We first went to eat at Arby's and then we went to Goody's. We have never been to Goody's, but I found some really cool Skecher's on sale for $12.00.

Then we went to Lowe's for a dream session. (By the way, we took our house off the market, we decided it would be better to stay here for a little longer.) While we were there, we looked at paint for our door (we're going to try a different color, and we're planning on painting the shutters to match). Then we went to price faux wood blinds. Next we went to look for a light for the front door. I have not liked the one on the front door area since we moved in. We found one we liked, and we decided to buy one.


I decided that despite my huge phobia of working with electricity that I would try to replace the porch light. Abbey started working on the flower beds (or shrub beds) and found this humongous spider! Here is the light shortly after I took it down.
Here is the new light which, by the way, works! I was proud of myself. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A report has been received that an unauthorized person installed a low-voltage electric light without permits or an inspection from Codes. There will be no further communication regarding this unauthorized installation as long as the owner of this blog immediately sends lifetime gift certificates to Starbucks and Shakes to the Escalade Wannabe owner of your choice.