Custom Search

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Adoption Update


We have our first homestudy interview today at 11:00. Yesterday, I received a call from Bethany from a new caseworker. This is number 3 so far that we have worked with. Bethany is apparently going through some reorganization stuff and they are taking us along for the ride. Anyway, our new caseworker seems as aggressive as we are. She told me that when she was assigned our case, they told her that we were aggressively pursuing adoption so she wanted to set up a time for the interview.

She said that she had Tuesday and Wednesday of next week available. I asked her what she had on Thursday (meaning today) and she said that she was completely free. So, I said we'll be there at 11:00. We're excited but we really don't know what to expect.

After the homestudy, we are headed to my parent's house in Jackson, Mississippi. We will be there until Christmas eve and then it is time to go to Memphis. We got our bedroom painted yesterday, it is really pretty. I'll post pictures once the new bed is set up in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Reed is as cute as the baby in the picture. Let us know how the interview goes!

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

I hope you like your paint job! A little birdie told me that he did it. Too cool! You two travel safely!