Custom Search

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Oops! I Did It Again (or twice in one night)

The title of this post is dedicated to my fabulous, soon-to-be married sister, and anyone else who wants to envision her singing this Spears' favorite in our swimming pool a few years back. In case you haven't figured it out by now, it's not Jeff posting, it's me, Abbey! Jeff is at play practice pretending to be a redneck or something another. I truly wonder how much "performing" he is having to do. I digress, which I seem to do a lot. Anyway, I thought I'd share my day with you, minus several thousand long details.




I made a mistake today. I know it happens, but Drakes aren't used to this. As you see in this picture, this is my Java Blue purse purchased by my wonderful husband. What you can't see is the cell phone that is in it. After leaving our Chick-fil-A date tonight, Jeff and I parted company. He headed to play practice and I planned to go to Target. However, I decided to make a detour to the Parent Teacher Store to check out the merchandise. Since I was only going in for a minute, I just took my keys. Big mistake! Jeff forgot his wardrobe - aka overalls - in my car and was desperately searching for my car at Target. Needless to say I got one pretty frantic phone call and another where he discovered my car at the Parent Teacher Store and retrieved his costume. Mistake #1: Never leave your cell phone in the car; you never know when someone might need their clothes. It might as well be in a bowl of peppermint!

Now, am I alone in the oh-no-I-just-realized-what-I-did-one-nanosecond-after-I've-done-it club? Well, I definitely was a member tonight. I was loading up school items while Jack, now our only cat, was spending his quality time with me for the day. I realized one nanosecond too late that he was also very close to the door of the highlander that I happen to be shutting. Unfortunately, my instinct to open the door occurred much slower than my realization of his tail being in the door. He screamed. Yelped. Howled, even. The great thing about pets? He came right back to me purring a few seconds later.

Stay Tuned: Apparently God revealed a life lesson to both Jeff and me today, using strangely different items, one of which is a wart. I'll keep you in suspense for a few more hours.

1 comment:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

I'm glad Jack is ok. It's amazing how forgiving they are. I was afraid you were going to say he died!