Custom Search

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Homevisit Update

We had our homevisit today and Lisa, the caseworker, was right on time. Of course, she didn't mind that I was intent on taking pictures of the event. She was, as always, full of energy.
This is Lisa when she saw all of the bedding that my parents bought for Reed for Christmas. She agreed that he is set. She thought that the color of the room was really pretty too.
Lisa found our bed interesting, as most people would if they came in and saw a bed that was completely made, yet had no mattress. I didn't take pictures of me demonstrating to her that our fire alarms work properly.
She smiled when she saw our wedding pictures and vows on her way down the stairs. You would not believe the energy that this woman has. An in the end, we were approved. I took a picture of the check so that you all could know that we did in fact pass our homevisit.

After several phone calls to clarify different things today. Lisa called me to tell me that she had not only completed the homestudy, but that she had given it to the director of the agency to approve. Hopefully, she will be calling me tomorrow or the next day to tell me that the homestudy is ready to send to our agency. Then, we'll be on the list soon after that. Hopefully, there will be some referrals this month and we will get one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I took the time to read the entire blog post because in that first picture, it looks like someone is about to hit Lisa with a cooking pot. Whew, that scared me for awhile!

Congratulations--Reed is such a blessed baby already. His parents don't even have a mattress, but he has complete bedding. You're already learning how to sacrifice!

Anonymous said...

Hey I recognize that form!

I've been following your blog and am glad to see you've had so much progress on your homestudy. Lisa has got to have a lot of energy to be learning the job while getting so much done on your case at the same time! Please let me know if I can help you at all from over here in Taiwan!

Anonymous said...

This is great news! I'm saying a prayer that your referral comes through ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Mom said....
Jeff and Abbey, I could have stayed in bed all day yesterday on my last day off....but found myself at several stores...in the baby dept. Reed was the topic of lunch with the teachers today. I had no doubts that you would pass and just had to look to see. I, too, thought that Lisa was getting hit with a pot. Anyway, God knows Reed already and HE definitely knows and loves his wonderful Parents. God Bless and love to both of you. ENNA