Custom Search

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Seeing Red

Last night, after painting until after midnight, I was pretty exhausted. I couldn't go to sleep though, because my dearest was not by my side. I like her to be in the bed with me EVERY night, so I can get all of my handsome sleep.

This morning I arose from the bed around 8:30 after waking up and going to sleep about 5 times (thanks, shirtless men next door who feel the need to work on framing the new house across the street at 6:00 AM!). I immediately went to work on the bathroom again. After the second coat was complete, I was out of paint. It was definitely going to need more paint, so I went to Lowe's.

I came back and applied the third coat. Finally it looks good. I am not going to post a picture of it yet, because I want to get the new fixtures and the new floor in the picture. So, you'll have to wait until Monday evening.

Have you ever painted a room red? If you have, then you know it takes MULTIPLE coats. I think someone could make some big money if they would event a two-coat coverage red paint!




Since I know our readers love pictures, I will give you a sneak peak at our newly painted piece of furniture. We bought a gallon of "oops" paint at Lowe's and painted the piece black. The hardware is REALLY ugly and outdated as you can see. We must replace that. I actually attempted this today, however, I bought the wrong size hinge so it will be back to the Lowe's. Are you noticing a theme for my life. Go to Lowes, eat, sleep, go to Lowes.

I'll give you picture of the completed project once it is in place in the living room. Abbey's going to put some of our pottery on it.

Our friend Jerry came over to take up our toilets and pedestal sink for the new flooring which goes in on Monday. I am going to go spend the night with our friends, Mr. and Mrs. Sprinkles. Abbey and I will both spend the night with them tomorrow night. Something about not having a working toilet in one's house is not very comforting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really should do more with your weekends.