Custom Search

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Ox

Luke 14
1 One Sabbath, when He went to eat at the house of one of the leading Pharisees, they were watching Him closely. 2 There in front of Him was a man whose body was swollen with fluid. 3 In response, Jesus asked the law experts and the Pharisees, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath or not?" 4 But they kept silent. He took the man, healed him, and sent him away. 5 And to them, He said, "Which of you whose son or ox falls into a well, will not immediately pull him out on the Sabbath day?" 6 To this they could find no answer.



Some call it crazy, my doctor calls it OCD, but I call it ambition. I am in the middle of busy season. That's VBS Season in case you weren't sure why I am so busy. I also have a list of things that I am trying to get done before Abbey gets home from Tampa.

When I make a list of things to do, it is hard for me to rest until everything is done. Today, I woke up early to pressure wash my deck. I then cleaned the siding. After completing that task it was off to the church to build an igloo out of milk jugs. We didn't quite complete it, because at 4:00 PM we were tired. (I will post pictures, I promise)

When I came home, I stained my deck. See the picture above. I love dark wood, so I stained it a dark teak color. It is so nice. It is definitely different from the rest of the neighborhood decks. I even got the steps done.



So, why the reference to Luke 14 at the top of the blog, you might be wondering? The answer is quite simple. I did not get finished with the deck. Although it is nearly complete, I still have a few things to finish on it.

Tomorrow, the deck is going to be my ox and I am going to get it out of the well. I plan on finishing the deck tomorrow between services. I have got to get this done, because I will be working a lot next week decorating the church for VBS. If anyone out there in blog world would like to come and help me the ox, just let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One can assume that if you didn't stain the deck on Sunday that it would have died?

An ox? More like a fish that fell out of a lake and into a bucket of water!