Custom Search

Saturday, May 01, 2010

2 ... 3 ... 5????



Jane and I (Abbey) spent the day together on Thursday (my birthday). I made the comment that I was going to post on facebook as my status: "Dear Adoption Agency, It's my birthday, and I know it's not really possible, but I'd love a referral today, k? Thanks" We laughed and then Jane made a comment about her patio furniture being delivered too (which was ordered in early Fall and still hadn't arrived). We laughed, and moved on.

Jane and I picked up Reed from Mother's Day Out. She was dropping us by the house when my phone rang. Jeff: "Remember what you wished would happen on your birthday? Well, it might. The adoption agency called, and there's a possibility of a referral. It's a little different, and I told them I had to check with you to see if we'd consider it." I'm thinking, why would we even have to discuss it? Maybe because the possibility of having a new child just doubled!?




Fast forward: We are talking with one of the very helpful adoption agency people. She explained the situation to us. We were shocked. We promised to talk with to each other and get back to them as soon as possible. Really, we didn't have anything to talk about, we just didn't want to seem silly to the adoption agency!



We are now the proud parents-to-be to Nash Fisher, born March 10, 2o08....and another little boy named William (we will call him Will) Arthur, born April 29, 2010 - that's right, he was born on my birthday! Yes, our world has been rocked, but in a very, very good way. We are so excited about our family, and so blessed by what God has done for us!


So, don't get used to the picture above...because there will soon (hopefully in 4-6, or faster if God chooses to prod the judge) be 2 more precious, beautiful, loved Taiwanese boys added to the family. We cannot wait to share pictures, but we aren't sure if we are allowed to do so yet. Jeff is checking with the agency to confirm we can post them. If you know us well enough to have our email address or can find it, we will share our pictures with you via email.

P.S. Jane's patio furniture arrived as well. Apparently I was speaking things into happening on Thursday! 

22 comments:

Maria said...

WOW! That's the only word I can think of. GREAT, GREAT news and I'm so happy for you guys. You guys are going to be SO BUSY around your house!!! Congratulations, guys!!

Alyssa Jones said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Kerry said...

Wow, God DOES work in mysterious ways, doesn't He?! I can't believe Will was born on your birthday AND that you got the call then, too. I am speechless, but oh so happy for you! Congratulations!!!

Sarah said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Man... you guys are going to be one BUSY family with three little monkeys!

Oh, and those pics are so nice! Did you get a new camera or something? (teasing)

Kevin said...

Great news!

Looks like you finally get to try out your other gift too!

Chuck Morris said...

That is so amazing. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Wahoo! Thanks for sharing. This is incredible! Wishing you a fast court process!

Anonymous said...

I have been so excited all weekend and could not wait to have the go-ahead to tell someone. I will admit it did get told to a very close friend,and one person who was asking about you all guessed it....i promise I did not say anything...she just looked at my eyes and listened to my silence and GUESSED IT!! Most of it anyway!!! I have not been able to sleep! I just thank GOD that I will have two more babies to spoil. IF they are even a little like my other two, then we are in for a GREAT time watching these grow up. I cannot wait to get my hands on them. Love, ENNA

Mellie said...

Praise the Lord! Double Blessings! So happy for all of you!!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I am thrilled for you! A house full of boys is soooo much fun! (March 10 is Preston's birthay too.) I LOVE all your kid's names. Congratulations!!!

Staci said...

How wonderful!! Congratulations!!

Julie said...

I am so confused! But so happy!! Can you clarify a bit? So one boy is 2 already (and that is why he already has a name). They are both in Taiwan?? Congrats!!! These adoptions are neither via JOH? (I am so curious as we are a JOH family too and trying to figure out things about adding to our family...)

theglenns556 said...

So thrilled for you guys and thankful to God for this fabulous news! You are such wonderful parents to Reed and I can't wait to see how God's love is manifested through these two new sons.

Don't forget I still have money to send you and will do whatever I can to help get these to boys home!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a blessing! SO excited for your family!!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

woohooo! Congratulations! WHAT a birthday present! :)

Blessings,
Tami
Praying Jeremiah home quickly
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogpost.com

jen said...

Congrats! God is good! I am so happy for you all and your expanding family. We have been following the Reed adventures ever since we only knew him as Flat Reed, and I am so excited that he will be getting not one, but TWO brothers! Adoption is just amazing, isn't it? Wow, you two are going to be wonderful parents of THREE boys!!! Hmmm, my 35th bday is coming up... JK! ;)

amanda said...

AWESOME!! We are so happy for y'all, and your growing family!! All 5 of you will definitely be in our prayers over the months to come! Praying God continues to richly bless all of you:)!

Gwen said...

I just have to say CONGRATULATIONS and also intro myself.
We adopted from China over a year ago (but originally looked into Taiwan, so some of the first blogs I started to follow were from families who had adopted from Taiwan).
Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you on your great news. Boys are great (we have four)!

Debberoo said...

Congratulations!!!

LaLa said...

Apparently after I sent you the note on FB magically I found you : )

I am beyond THRILLED for you guys. We really need to plan a play date as poor Coby has only girls to play with and he and Will are only two months apart in age.

Praying for a speedy court date!

LaLa said...

I meant Nash and Coby are close in age...Coby is little for two but not that little LOL

Courtney said...

So thrilled for you and your family!! I was in B'ville at the fish restuarant ? this weekend and overheard a woman (from your parents' church) talking about it! News travels fast! It's so wonderful!