Custom Search

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Roll With It



Is there anything cuter in the entire world than that beautiful little face above?



Tonight, Abbey made Beef Stroganoff. It was a little tough. Okay, so it was beef jerky, but it wasn't Abbey's fault. Something went wrong!



I was eating (chewing) on mine and Abbey had given up fairly quickly. Reed sucked the sauce off the noodles, but wasn't interested in eating any.



I was not ABOUT to say anything about her cooking, but since Abbey declared the meal a loss, I suggested that we visit Sonic. They have 5 for 5.95 on Tuesdays, but we learned tonight that they give you half-off if you only buy a couple of burgers.



I have gotten several of these "survey" coupons from Sonic where you can get a free Route 44 for calling in. So, we got free drinks. We ordered Reed a Jr. Burger, so our total was only 4.23! You should have seen Reed eating his burger, IT WAS SO CUTE!





But, what could make this cute little one so upset?

Of course, Mama wouldn't give him any Cheetos!



The CVS haul this week!



In case you haven't seen it, we're in ParentLife this month. If your church doesn't give out this magazine, you can purchase a copy at your local LifeWay Christian Store. Make sure you get the November 2008 copy. Our story is on page 34.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a pitiful face!!! And all for the sake of Cheetoes! :-)

Jane said...

Claire, Cheetoes are important to the boy!

Since we are apparently pointing out mistakes on blogs...Jeff didn't want to "saw" anything about Abbey's cooking. Now it could be a play on words, but I'm thinking it should have been "say". :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I felt so very silly when I went to Lifeway and opened up the magazine and "my eyes moistened" with pride at my sweet family. The lady probably thought I was crazy. I am so very proud of all of you. Abbey, You are such a wonderful mom, wife, and DIL!!! I am so glad that you love to cook. That is something that Jeff never got from me. Love, ENNA

Anonymous said...

Loved the article in Parent Life. Lisa at Bethany put us in contact with you several months ago and I've enjoyed reading your Blog since. Our application for Taiwan has finally been approved and we are ready to submit our home study paperwork. Thanks for your encouraging words in our e-mail correspondence as well as the great article in Parent Life. Reed is such a handsome guy. You are all so blessed to have each other.