Custom Search

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Disney!!!

Tons of Pics tonight, so not a lot of narration from me. Enjoy the pics.



Reed was introduced to Cheetos by Uncle Bill. Reed now has a new favorite word, "Cheeeetoooes!"







We started off our adventure in Downtown Disney for supper. We bought some Mickey shaped ornaments for the Christmas tree (they are all painted like different sports balls) and supper at Rainforest Cafe`.



Jane, our wonderful friend from College and Seminary, lives in FL, so she came to stay a couple of days with us.









Not only was this Reed's first visit to Disney, it was my first visit as well! We were both pretty impressed!



Tea cups, a Disney staple. They are a lot smaller on the inside than you would think.



The plan: spin fast, make Bill too sick to ride anything else, let him keep Reed while we ride the rides.



Dumbo: another staple.



Reed is the little guy beside me, if you couldn't tell.





On the "Winnie the Pooh" ride. Mesmerized.



Tomorrowland train. I know I'm getting old, because this was my favorite. Fast enough for a good breeze and no twists and turns.





We decided to head to "toon town" for Reed to be able to ride some rides. The above is what we found when we got there. Reed fell asleep somehow.



Bill, Sleepy, and I went to Philharmagic, while Abbey and Jane rode the "Buzz Lightyear" ride.



It's a Small World: staple.



Amazed at It's a Small World.



Still Amazed.



still amazed.



Taiwan, we think!





On the train with Uncle Bill, while Abbey, Jane, and I did Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain.



My guess is there is a ball that he is pointing at.





Getting excited about the lights parade.











Both of our favorite things about our trip to Disney! The LIGHTS PARADE!











Watching the Fireworks!









Time to go, a Mickey football from Jane and a Mickey plush from Uncle Bill. What a great time!

Some stats:

We arrived at 10:00 to the park.
Entered around 11:00
Reed took a little over an hour nap.
We left the park around 10:00.

1 Major meltdown in the line for Dumbo, but that was about it.

Reed is the best kid ever!

Thanks for being a part of our fun, Jane and Uncle Bill!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Did you know... that Kevin used to work as a "mountain man" on the Thunder Mountain Railroad? His mom still works for Disney in the character department. She's working at the Chrystal Palace restaurant these days I believe.

Kevin said...

Looks like you folks are having a great family vacation (and still finding time to blog - amazing). At 42, I have yet to go to Disney anything. I wonder how long before Meg gets a hankerin' to go... She already loves the original Jungle Book movie.

I love the "amazed at Small World" photo. What a look.

Kevin

PS The "Taiwan, we think" photo seems to have more Japanese imagery in it - the carp kites seem that way to me. As for the couple in the middle, they look look Korean. The hat that guy is wearing makes me think they are Korean... but I can't quite place it. Maybe it's a pan-Asian thing...

Anonymous said...

Oh how much FUN!!!! I could just hug ole' Reed to pieces. Love, Enna

Alaina said...

How fun! We went to Disney for the first time as adults also and loved it (we lived in West Palm for a year)! We have yet to take the kids...maybe in a couple of years. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm exhausted and I didn't even go! Looks like ya'll had a good time!