Custom Search

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Midweek Update



Reed was especially personable today.



He was very active and full of himself. He was also sensitive! Abbey cleaned up the living room and then went into the bedroom and started cleaning. When she came out, he had destroyed the living room. She cried. Reed was upset and genuinely concerned and said "Mommy sad. Sorry Mama, love you. Mommy sad, sorry mama."



Then, when I got home, he hid from me as only Reed can. He was right in front of me in plain view, but I kept pretending not to see him. He thought it was hilarious. I had to mow the yard, so Abbey and Reed went to the park.



Tonight at church, I went to the business meeting. I got there early and was just observing things going on around me.



This lady, whom I don't really know, other than the fact that I know she is a new Christian came in. She immediately came over and started talking to the senior adult man behind her. She was telling him about how busy she had been today helping a lady clean out her basement. Apparently the lady had just moved here and needed a lot of help getting her house in order. The person went on to tell the man that her car had been in the shop this week and that she was a little nervous about having it fixed because she really didn't have a lot of money. The shop called and told her that she needed about $380.00 of work done. She said that she was just trusting the Lord to help her. She then continued the story of helping the lady with the basement. She said that she hadn't asked the lady how much she would pay her, but at the end of the day today, she gave her $400. She said, "It's a miracle!" Don't you sometimes wish that your faith was that fresh? I know that I definitely get bogged down in life sometimes and I miss the times that I am focused enough to just realize that God is God and He is in control!

The senior adult gentleman went on to tell her that they had plenty of odd jobs around their house and she should come and do some work for them so that she would have enough money. The girl said, "Oh, I'll come and do work for you, but I don't want your money, I've got all I need. I want to help you, because I love you." What a reminder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lola KNOWS you have one sweet little boy. What a precious story. He is growing up soo fast. I sure do love him and miss him!