Custom Search

Friday, March 31, 2006

A Day in the Life


I know our loving fans care so much, so I decided to let you peak in on what my day has looked like. First, I woke up when Abbey was leaving to go to Beth Moore. She needed me to tie her ribbon watch for her. Then, I went back to sleep. I woke up and read some from my new book, The Simple Faith of Mr. Rogers. So far, it has been quite interesting. I then got ready and went to work.


When I go to work and it's my day off, I usually dress pretty down. Since today is my day off, I wore shorts and a t-shirt. I went into a preschool classroom to ask one of the teahers a question when I got there. A little girl, Jill came up to me and looked curiously. After a moment she said, "Mr. Jeff, you're furry." I just don't think my legs are that hairy!

At noon, I left work to go have lunch with Danny and the girls at McDonald's. McD's was thrilling at usual. I then came home and read some from the newspaper and took a little rest.


I got a call from the jewelry store to let me know that my wedding band had been resized. Now, it is not threatening to cut the circulation off to my left ring finger. They even shined it. Check out that beautiful glow. I'm glad to have it back!


Danny told me the other day that my grass looked like my lawn mower blade needed sharpening. I was going to take it off this afternoon and realized that it had seen too much heartache to be of any use to me. Check out that gash in the blade. I went to Lowe's and bought a new one. I bet my grass looks BEAUTIFUL the next time I mow.


On the way home, I stopped by a new store in S'field called Cardsmart. I bought Abbey a little gift there. $10.00 if you can guess what it is!


Once, I got home, I also decided to change the oil in my mower after replacing the new blade. Note to any people out there who may not think changing the oil is important. This was the first time I have ever changed the oil in my mower. It was more like dark chocolate mousse than oil coming out! I don't think I should do that again. Check out the picture.


Finally, I have been doing laundry today. See the clean pile so far. I'm going to have fun folding tonight! First though, I am going to a senior recital. The intern Lindsey is going to be singing in it. It should be really good. While this has been really fun, I think it should prove something to you, I MISS ABBEY! I don't like to be away from her. I better go shower up before going to the recital. Sorry, there won't be any pictures of that!

2 comments:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

Sounds like you had a pretty eventful day! So glad you came tonight! Thanks again! Don't worry, I'll email you a pic to put on your blog from tonight. Too important to leave out!

Jay Beerley said...

Well, glad to hear you survived and were productive while Abbey was gone. Thanks for letting us "borrow" her this weekend, it was really great! And yes, your legs are furry! :)