Custom Search

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Culture 101

Do you remember high school? The days when life was simple. You didn't worry about much, well, you did worry about the pimples? (at least, I hope someone besides me did that) Tonight I had the pleasure of accompanying my lovely wife to the East Robertson High School performance of "Cheaper By the Dozen."

It was actually not that bad,however, the sound effects were taped onto a pretty low-quality tape and there were no microphones. There was an older (and I mean old) lady sitting in front of us and I sure that if I had trouble hearing, she didn't hear a thing. I was once again reminded of the rural area in which we live when none of the characters could pronounce "children." Instead, they said "chuddren."

My personal opinion is that the Springfield High School's performance of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" was much better. At any rate, it was a chance for some culture. I don't think that it will be going to TPAC any time soon.

I'll leave you with a funny story:
Today a little girl that goes to our preschool was at Mother's Day Out. When she saw me she said, "Mr. Jeff, you come to Mother's Day Out, TOO?!?!" I thought it was funny!

No comments: