Custom Search

Monday, October 19, 2009

What's Up?



We made it home safely from Texas, but we have not been good at taking pictures, so I haven't blogged.



Reed has been his normal sweet self over the past few days and he has not even had too much trouble adjusting to the new sleep schedule. For the past month or so we have been a little lax with him and letting him stay up too late and not being very strict at bedtime allowing him to get up several times before he ultimately goes to sleep.



We (or rather I [Jeff] the bed putter-downer) resolved that after Texas, Reed was going back to his normal going to bed on his own after I read him a book.

So far, it has worked pretty well, except for tonight, when he heard me fixing myself a Coke Zero and the ice maker made him beg the question "What's that sou- und daddy?" and then when Abbey decided to take a bath and Reed asked "Where's that water coming from?" or then when my cell phone rang and he said "Daddy, I need to answer the phone?"



Last night he woke up in the night and yelled downstairs that wanted to listen to music. I guess I should preface this by saying that when I am awoken in the middle of the night I am not the most caring, nor compassionate person. So, I just yelled back "Well, turn it on then." Thankfully, Reed doesn't need a big conversation in the night, so he promptly turned his music on and went back to bed.



Since several "loud" noises have woken Reed tonight, I decided that I would blog from the guest room to make sure that he stays in his bed. Reed did look in here and ask me if I was on the "taputer".





I thought that he was going to sleep because I heard him yawn pretty loudly, but just now I heard him singing to himself. He has developed a new (BAD) habit of "whatever it takes" to stay awake. Sometimes that involves accidentally dropping all 322 stuffed animals that he "needs" to sleep with which includes 3 different monkeys, 4 giraffes, 2 teddy bears, and of course, 1 Mickey, and yes, he knows when one is missing.

Even though sometimes bedtime is a headache when he avoids going to sleep, I wouldn't trade it. He is the sweetest little boy ever and we are so blessed to have the opportunity to get to be his parents. We're so glad God chose us!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I swear that Reed looks OLDER and BIGGER than he did last week when you blogged!!!

I'm with you on the not being compassionate in the middle of the night. Holly comes and climbs into bed with me and if I wake up, my response is "What are you doing here? Go back to your own bed!" Fortunately, she does!

Always nice to be back on a schedule, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Just think, Jeff....Reed is almost out of the Terrible Twos and yet, he is so adorable that it doesn't seem that he ever went through them. That last picture is really disturbing.....he looks soooo tall. Don't let him grow up too much before Enna and Poppy can come see him. We miss you all so much. Love, Enna