Jeff mentioned it, so I thought I'd run with it. I'm planning on taking over the blog, becoming the primary blogger of LandLife. In the past, Jeff enjoyed doing it, and now, let's just say it's not at the top of his list. And, truthfully, many (or at least some) of the pictures I take don't make it to the blog, because Jeff has no idea what they are. So, I'm hoping to add a bit of something to the blog. Those that know me well know that I have wonderful intentions. I'd love to say I plan to do a Recipe a Week, or some other fun thing to share, but I'm not so good at follow through. I do hope to put a little different spin on things. Ava's working on helping me spruce up the blog, and Jeff is going to show me how to add pictures as well as the many blogs I check that aren't currently listed to your right. For now, I thought I'd steal this from Baby Bangs (still need to learn how to link up within text, too), and let your more into my world. And, just to be clear, Jeff wanted to know if I'm trying to becoming a famous blog momma like MckMama. Don't worry people, it won't get that interesting around here. I could never aspire to the greatness of BooMama, either.
1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while your blogging?
I've just started this, and currently am not snacking.
2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
3. Beach, Mountains, or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
Beach in the summer, mountains in the winter
4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
Vacuuming the stairs, and I do not do it. (If you've been to my house, you can probably tell!) The chore I do that I dread is cleaning the bathrooms. And, I do not like taking out the trash either, but I hope Jeff would say I'm better at that than I used to be.
5. Who do people say you remind them of?
I always remind people of a friend they know somewhere, but I've never been pegged as a particular personality.
6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying home with the fam?
I'm always up for a party, especially if games are played, but I also love to stay home. I could hole up for several days and be fine. Jeff would go nuts.
7. What's your all time favorite movie?
Man in the Moon, with Reese Witherspoon, followed by A River Runs Through It, and more recently August Rush, The Notebook...
8. Do you sleep in your make-up or remove it like a good little girl every night?
Don't look, Mom. Most of the time I take it off. Some would say I don't wear enough for it to matter. I think this is rather a personal question.
9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I would love to be able to take pictures and own my own restaurant/b and b.
10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
I can't think of anything.
11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
He was completely opposite of me in about every way possible. He was carefree and fun.
12. What is something you love to smell?
13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I'm pretty bad at answering the phone and returning emails or phone calls. Also, I often write notes and never mail them, including (but not limited to) thank you notes, just for fun notes, Christmas cards...
14. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
Loud, like I usually get stares from others when I laugh. Friends make me laugh, especially with random or long-standing jokes that keep going. Megan doesn't read this blog (I don't think), but we are still laughing about a skit from SNL about throwing things on the ground. It comes up at the oddest times.
(I deleted one question I couldn't answer. I bet you are curious now, huh?)
16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
I don't really shop right now (besides groceries), but I guess Target?
17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
Read. Cook. Write. Be crafty. Organize.
18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
Frugal, now. In the past, I loved to spend money. Getting out of debt and saving for adoption make you pretty frugal. I don't think I've ever been an over-the-top spender. I'd consider myself an emotional spender, though.
19. Who is your favorite character of all time?
I consider all my friends characters, and they are all my favorites.
20. Would you want to be famous?
No, not really.I guess it depends on what I'd be famous for - such as standing up for what I believe in, defending my faith...? I have no desire to ever be famous for being in movies, singing, etc. That's not my thing.
Stay tuned for the cutest purple octopus. ever. Hopefully he will debut on the blog later tonight.