Custom Search

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Oh What a Day!



Our kitchen has been transformed into a bakery over the past couple of days, because Abbey (with the help of Manya) has been working to fix our annual Christmas Appreciation Meal for my team at work. The best team in the world, might I add.



Last week, Abbey eagerly ripped into a package from Amazon.com. It was her "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" Cookbook. She was so excited to get it because she LOVES The Pioneer Woman. So much so, that she and Manya headed down to Green Hills Mall tonight to get Ree Drummond (the pioneer woman) to sign their cookbooks.



The girls worked really hard making cinnamon rolls from Ree's cookbook.



They were labor intensive.





Did I mention they were labor intensive?



A bit messy, but that is sort of Abbey's cooking signature.



Reed worked hard being cute, wait, that's not hard is it?



The "rising" rolls.



I think Reed was going for some artistic pose in this picture with carefully placed laundry detergents. I think it was supposed to be some sort of "statement" or something. You know, this generation is all about its causes.



Reed doing yoga while the ladies cooked.



The baked rolls.



The icing is yummy and is infused with espresso.



This morning, Reed was eager to have a cookie.

And now for today's menu:



Christmas Tree biscuits with country ham.



Quiche Lorraine (I'm not sure how to spell Lorraine.)



Sausage Roll-ups and Orange Zest Muffins



Grit Casserole and Blueberry French Toast



Parmesan Crusted Tomatoes

Not Pictured:

Stratford Cookies
Apple Cider
Orange Juice



The Team:

Cheryl - Content Editor - She knows everything, literally! She's like Ask.com. She knows the answer to anything.

Trudy - Content Editor and Carpool Buddy - She's one of my Tennessee mom's. She keeps me in check at work and home.

Andy - Graphic Designer - He designs our magazine and does a great job. He's easy to work with and has a good eye for out of the box design.



Jessica - Graphic Designer - Jess is the designer for the curriculum. She has an incredible eye for design. I've been privileged to work with her since I started work with the publication and she never ceases to amaze me.



Alyssa - Production Editor - Alyssa was our unexpected blessing for the year of 2009. She works on every product and she does and incredible job.

Andrea - Honorable Mention - Andrea was our production editor before Alyssa. She was incredible and I loved working with her, but she was finishing up grad school and she had to start her career as a teacher. Thankfully, she trained Alyssa well!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Jeez, Abbey, you really went to town on all that food!!! It looks absolutely amazing and I bet it tasted even better!

Jeff, you are a lucky man to be married someone who cooks so well. I used to think I was a decent cook, but I think I've fallen off the wagon.

And, for the record, you did spell Lorraine correctly! :-)

ava said...

Wow! I wish I was on your team!! Yummy!

Lola said...

Wow, I believe Abbey outdid herself this time. It all looks yummy! I'm not sure where her cooking talent came from, not me...Glad you all had a good time.

theglenns556 said...

Very impressive. I was going to have Dan's staff over next week. I was busting out some poppyseed chicken and green beans. Too embarrassed now. Could Abbey come visit?

Unknown said...

I wish I was on your team....or could at least could have made honorable mention. That food looks delicious!!! (I also LOVE the Pioneer Woman!)

Sewconsult said...

How did the signing go? Was Abby thrilled with Ree?
She sure endured horrible weather to get there.
Beckie Hultman
in Brentwood.

Anonymous said...

Oh My, Abbey, you have absolutely outdone yourself. I will be more than glad to leave my meals unplanned and uncooked until you all get here!!! I am so sorry that I don't have the energy to do that kind of cooking anymore....HaHa
Jeff, I know.....never did too much of it, did I???? Love you all. Hugs and Love to sweet Reed!!! Enna